Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How does this set up look?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Way over priced mate, send them back to Amazon and pay cash at a local hydro store! I would have thought you could get all that for about 250!

Thanks
    Thanked 5 Times

i will do that . Thanks so much for the help cant wait to have my own home grown

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Don't know if you have a Holland hydroponics near you? But they are really helpful, bit of a drive for me, but they always seem to have the best choice of all the other hydro stores near me!

Thanks

My only advice is to put the intake directly opposite the extraction so the cool air is pulled across the entire room before being drawn out the extraction.
    You see where you have AC marked on that plan? Well I'd put the intake on the wall directly opposite of the AC, that way it's as far away from the extraction as possible. That way you'll get the full benefit of the fresh cool air being drawn in through the whole room and across the plants before being pulled up and out. If you can't knock an intake out of that external wall, swap over. Move the plants, lights and extraction to that corner and put the intake where the plants were.

Intakes should be as close to floor level as possible. Cold air is denser / heavier than warm air and sinks to floor level.
    Warm air is less dense / lighter and will rise (just like hot air balloons work) so extraction should be at the highest point as far away from the intake as possible. Ideally above the plants and lamps.

This will generate a nice flow through the room bringing in fresh, oxygenated cool air and should help to maintain good temps when combined with a room controller.

Your girls will love you for this
    Last edited by SpongeBongWeedPants; 05-01-16 at 01:28 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpongeBongWeedPants For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dick turpin View Post
    One fan and filter to extract hot air at top of tent

One more fan for your cool tube!
    So you think he needs two extraction fans? Doubt it, that would require two filters and a whole lot more money that probably isn't required. Just draw air through light with filter on the intake before hood. Use passive intake to create a negative and should be good. Now if you want to get real sophisticated seal the room and run CO2 and cool with ac .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waterdawg12 View Post
    So you think he needs two extraction fans? Doubt it, that would require two filters and a whole lot more money that probably isn't required. Just draw air through light with filter on the intake before hood. Use passive intake to create a negative and should be good. Now if you want to get real sophisticated seal the room and run CO2 and cool with ac .
    Wouldn't need 2 filters thou, not if it's a sealed cooltube. Small fan cooling cooltube. Then your main extraction with filter attached. The fan for the cooltube is just for cooling and keeping Temps down on the hood. Like below pic but I'm using 5 inch orchid reflector

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160202_115431_1454414734919_6.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	319183

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2