Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Offgrid hydroponics design

Thanks

Default Offgrid hydroponics design

First I'd like to start off by saying that if this violates any rule please advise me, here's a little setup iv sketched out to run a hydroponic system in the bush. On the drawing you'll find numbers 1 - 7 bellow I'll list how each part works..

This part is placed in a fast flowing upriver place from where you plan on placing your grow. the wings on the start of the tub are there to create more pressure by channeling water. This part mist include a mesh to stop any large debree.

2. On/off tap and filter.
    The section between 2 and 3 is important the more feet in drop you have (vertical is best) the more water pressure you will have to turn turbine horizontal will do if you have a longer distance to run tubing.

3. Turbine/12v generator
    Water rushing from river and increasing in pressure with fall spins the turbine faster creating a constant flow of 12v to charge the battery.

4. On/off to slow flow inlet to res

5. Guides to aim water towards plant roots fire through a steel plate with holes would create a mist.

6. 12v fan blowing air into the res through a pvc tube with rain cap

7. Outlet back into water as no use of chemicals won't harm the natural ecosystem.

What doe everyone think attempting a prototype I'm a plumber/roofer by trade so I have all the tools etc had anyone else done anything like this? Cheers rbgrowin

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Nice idea in theory. In reality some plant pots sound more reliable
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning View Post
    Nice idea in theory. In reality some plant pots sound more reliable
    Trying to find another source of 24/7 power for free, iv never seen an off grid hydroponic system that uses power sourced naturally any tips would be hand

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnygrow View Post
    solar power maybe ?
    Problem is night time/weather

not if it charges a battery

what makes you want to make a outdoor hydro might aswell plant em in the ground and let em go

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnygrow View Post
    not if it charges a battery

what makes you want to make a outdoor hydro might aswell plant em in the ground and let em go
    Dunno more growing in flowing rivers and using the water instead of soil just another idea instead of digging new holes every year something that's underground and that will last a long time

Thanks

my only thought is don't most rivers change direction if not just stop periodically?

rbgrowin have yu watched this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nbrCEQZVnM

id never try what he did but im assuming his method would work for you?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RandomodnaR View Post
    my only thought is don't most rivers change direction if not just stop periodically?

rbgrowin have yu watched this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nbrCEQZVnM

id never try what he did but im assuming his method would work for you?
    Not if the stream was running downhill it wouldn't be logical for water to flow uphill.. and I'm pretty sure I have what section are you talking about?
    I'm open to any advice I grow in the bush normally just tinkering around

Thanks

Sorry never know what someone may consider a hill deep enough river bed small enough hill =P but I ment the watering bit in the vid?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast