Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bud Rot

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Default Bud Rot

I know pics would help but my pc is broke sorry, will need to rely on good ole fashioned imagination.
    I was checking them earlier and i noticed the smaller leaves around the top cola were a little crisp. Light is appx 15inch away so its not heat. I gave a gentle pull on it and it came away a little too easy from the main stalk. The stem of the leaf has a white fuzz on it where it joins the main stalk. Does this sound like bud rot? Im gutted.

Thanks

did it look a bit like this?-->

if so then yes its the beginning of bud rot im afraid, give them a good looking over for any more signs of it and cut out the affected parts, safest way im afraid
    "If i cant smoke and swear im F**KED!"
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/image.php?u=5246&type=sigpic&dateline=1249748262
    THCTalk recommends Greens Horticulture for all your growing needs
    if iv been of some help to you please take a second and press the thanks button, cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

A little like that dj, but not as discoloured. Main cola is still really healthy lookn so might be very early stages. Its 2 days frow end of week 8 so ive moved it out from the rest and gonna chop it. Dont fancy the whole family getn it lol.

Thanks

thats the best idea BstooBa, save the rest of the plants

Thanks

That's mildew starting on the stem ...... cut as you say but look for more where the bud joins the stem ....... I've had whole colas drop off from mildew on the stem

If you find any more cut it out and keep your drying crop away from it
    Praise the Lord, pass the bullets, we will be Free

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

by the look and smell i would say its mildew. Doesnt look 'rotten' enough to be budrot.
    So whats mildrew doing there? Wasnt invited and i have plenty of air flow. Temp stay between 18 and 28. Ideas?

Thanks

You may have plenty of air flow but at what rh? It's not so much the air flow although that is important the keep the rh down but if the air coming in is damp (like a brit summer) you could still have problems. Do you keep your fans running at night because once the lights go out the air will cool and condensation will occur.
    Last edited by whitewidman; 02-09-09 at 05:41 PM.

nooby_dr_green_thumb Guest

i would like to know what were supost to do at night too,
    i have a 600 w hps and i turn all my fans off at nite when i open tent in the morning it stinks bad
    not of rot i mean of bud
    what do we do at nite for the best any ideas?
    didnt want my fans left on because i thought it would make it too cool in there

Thanks

@ nooby
    you can set them with a timer to come on just a couple of times during the dark period if you wish, no harm in moving air around the plants during the dark hours

Thanks

A small oil filled rad less than £15 in B&Q with stat control mine comes on when the lights go off. It's set at 18c so usualy does not fire up until winter and the extra heat helps keep the rh down a bit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast