Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What pump?

Thanks

Default What pump?

I'm ditching the aquafarm as I don't have a great deal of time to keep on top of things with it ( work away 4 days a week) so I'm going back to coco. I'm gonna feed via a drip ring with my feed coming from a res what pump would I use for this ? Cheers fellas

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sir_dance_alot For This Useful Post:

redisiel (20-01-16)

Bulls Guest

Most People would suggest Maxi Jet 1000 mate.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

redisiel (20-01-16), sir_dance_alot (19-01-16), SpongeBongWeedPants (20-01-16)

Thanks

Cheers mate

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sir_dance_alot For This Useful Post:

redisiel (20-01-16)

Thanks

I take it I just attach a feed pipe straight to the mj 1000 ?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sir_dance_alot For This Useful Post:

redisiel (20-01-16)

Bulls Guest

Most likely yes mate. Depends how you design your feed system and how many plants you got.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

redisiel (20-01-16)

Thanks

Feed pipe straight from pump to a dripped ring I'll have it hooked up to a timer

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sir_dance_alot For This Useful Post:

redisiel (20-01-16), SpongeBongWeedPants (20-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

How many plants?
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

redisiel (20-01-16)

Thanks

If you can't get MaxiJet, I can highly recommend these fellas (Ebay Number:360807914648) £8.99 for 1000LPH - They go right up to 6500LPH but only have 600 and 1000LPH left in stock at the minute.
    I've not really had any problems with these "cheap" pumps. The only reason I've just had to buy another set is because I gave my last lot away when I switched back to soil growing but now I'm moving back to hydro I need pumps and again, I've gone for the cheap ebay specials. I've purchased 2 of those pumps. One is in my farm and one I use for transfering water around and for transfering fresh nutes etc.

Personally, I think the MaxiJets are overrated and overpriced.
    I've used MaxiJets that have come with grow systems and ones I've been given to me and I've also used cheap pumps and I really can't see the justification in price for the MJ pumps when the cheaper ones seem to last just as long and do just as well.

I can get almost 3 1000LPH pumps from the ebay seller above for the price of one MJ1000!

I know the saying goes you get what you pay for and not to go cheap but I can't honestly see the where the difference is. They both pump the same volumes at the same rates, they both last a long time if looked after, they're both of similar build qualities.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SpongeBongWeedPants For This Useful Post:

redisiel (20-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Don't think you can go wrong with hailea mate atb
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

SpongeBongWeedPants (20-01-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    Don't think you can go wrong with hailea mate atb
    Redz
    Love your sig Redz
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do like hailea air pumps myself I have to admit. Not tried their water pumps though.

Right now I've got a 35LPM compressor pump made by them (Ebay: 221725797918). A bit noisy but man do they chuck out the bubbles
    I would say my aquafarm bubbling away is almost as loud as the pump itself. I've found it's best to suspend these type of air pumps by wire or bungee to dull out the humming and vibrating.
    This one I've got now is a lot noiser than I remember my last one being. Every so often I have to go in and give it a little tap and it quietens down for a few mins again.

It gets quite warm too so I've ruled out wrapping it up to quieten it down. Fortunately, the warm from the pump doesn't seem to transfer to my farm too much either so the res stays nice.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SpongeBongWeedPants For This Useful Post:

redisiel (20-01-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast