Thread: Seedling overwatering??? - help!

Thanks

Default Seedling overwatering??? - help!

One of my seedlings, day 12 - Pretty sure this is overwatering, not underwatering. Been watering in a small circle around the plant, no more than 50 or 60ml of water at a time, every 2-4 days, the plant has been like this for 4 or 5 days now and showing no signs of recovery, what's going on? The medium around it was bone dry, and was bone dry a knuckle deep too but I'm holding off the water. Gave a very light misting just before the photo was taken. How long should she take to recover?

Had to start it in a 15L autopot as it's an auto flower and they don't like to be transplanted. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0006.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	318462Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0007.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	318463

Any help would be appreciated!

ps not sure why it's automatically rotated the pictures, sorry!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,197 Times

I'm defo no expert but what sort of lighting are you using

Thanks

Using 240W LED and a 190W UFO LED, but on this particular plant its the 240W dorm grow one

The Aspie Toker Guest

Are you growing in coir ? and if so, what is the pH and EC of the water?

Hobbit Guest

If its bone dry maybe holding off the water is the problem mate.

Thanks

I always think give the plants a real good watering when u do not drops. Dont be afraid too water but only do when the soil feels dry.

Thanks

Looks like they are underwatered.
    Keep the top layer of soil moist with daily watering until they catch up.

What is your medium?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,323 Times

Looks like coco..if so coco should really never dry out messes with PH. I agree tho she looks thirsty tho...

Thanks

Okay thanks guys given them a water with quarter strength nutes, cal mag and some liquid oxygen. 100ml each plant, taking it easy. Not sure if it's because I'm stoned but I think a couple of them look a bit better already. Hopefully overnight I'll see a difference. If I do, I'll give them another small watering tomorrow when their lights come back on, at 16:20. Thanks for the advice I think it might be a case of under watering my seedlings, which is odd as the droopiness occurred the day after watering.

Cheers