Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Special Queen plants need help!

Thanks

Question Special Queen plants need help!

Hello all, thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I have recently discovered this website and have finally decided to make a post after reading many pages on sick plants. I have only ever grown 3 girls indoors under CFL and each yield gave me approximately 2 ounces. I recently bought a 1000W HPS/MH kit and constructed a box recently to house the gear.

With that said, I will describe my current setup:

Lighting: 1000W Metal Halide

Plywood Box: 3' long x 4' wide x 5' high with 400CFM inline fan exhausting 24/7 unrestricted.

Grow Medium: 2/3 Soil (good quality unfertilized potting soil) + 1/3 Miracle Grow perlite (Only perlite I could find... enriched minimum @ 0.04 - 0.01 - 0.06 )

Strain: Special Queen #1 (Royal Queen Seeds)

Nutrients: General Organics (Grow bottle + Calcium Magnesium bottle)

Temperature: This is the factor which I suspect to be hindering my plants the most, but my research seems to suggest otherwise. The plants are currently situated approximately 3.5 feet under the 1000 Watt Metal Halide bulb. My thermometer at this height reads between 30-35 degrees Celsius (86-95 degrees Fahrenheit) when the probe is placed on the top fan leaves. I currently use a regular hanging reflector but have already purchased a "Cool Tube" which I plan on installing tonight. I know that these devices have a bad reputation and are known to create hotspots, but I figured I would give it a shot @ $79.99. Some people on the forums seem to swear by them. It should be noted that I made sure to purchase a dimming ballast, knowing that heat may be an issue. If need be, I can always go down to a 600 Watt. However, I would much prefer to continue using my 1000W, for all I know my problem may just be a nutrient deficiency!

The fan leaves "taco-ing / Canoeing", are dry to the touch and the tips on some hook like a claw (Nitrogen deficiency?)

Thank you so much for your help. Please let me know of any other information I can provide. I can also post more pictures if need be. Any constructive criticism is welcome as I am learning and the only way I will get better is by making mistakes.

GreenGecko

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture3.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	318470Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	318466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	318467Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	318468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture4.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	318472

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,385 Times

I'm not a soil grower but them temps are high , aim for 27 degrees plus how are you watering, what is your humidity ?
    And what ec are you feeding ? (How much feed you useing) 😜

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ciderboy For This Useful Post:

GreenGecko (23-01-16)

Thanks

Thanks for your help,

The current humidity is a measly 12% in the box and I feeding two-three times the nutrients recommended per gallon. I was always under the impression that it was difficult to over nute with organic fertilizers. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't giving too little. Both plants are in two gallon pots right now. I am very conscious not to over-water. That said, I water every 2 days until I get runoff from the bottom of the fabric pots.

Thanks

I'd say you have a magnesium deficiency looking at them brown leaves?
    You can spray them with Epsom salts witch I think is prob best or
    You could flush them with 4 times the pot with plain water then start we half strength nutes but again wait till a soil grower gives you accurate advice buddy !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ciderboy For This Useful Post:

GreenGecko (23-01-16)

Thanks

OK will do! I also thought it was magnesium but it's tough because I've been giving a good splash of CaMg+ supplement per 1/2 gallon of water as opposed to the "1 teaspoon of CaMg+ per Gallon" written on the bottle.

Thanks

Your humidity is really low buddy get a humidifier to get that up, between 60/70 for grow 40/50 for bloom , I'm not to familiar with organic nutes if I'm honest, but rule of thum is less is more , I grow in coco with canna so I'm out my depth really, but humidity and temps are out dude for most growing , 😜

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ciderboy For This Useful Post:

GreenGecko (23-01-16)

Thanks

You can put all the cal mag in the world in the mix if your plant can't take it up it's useless , what's your background ec and what type of water have you got, ( hard or soft) what temps the water you feed?

Thanks

I just got my hygrometer today and will definitely follow your advice and buy a humidifier/mister this week. I considered using coco coir but it's difficult to find around where I live and considering I'm using an incomplete nutrient line, I figured soil would be more forgiving for a novice. I heard it's possible to mix soil and coco so I might do that next time.

Thanks

Not sure what background ec is but I am a rookie at growing cannabis. I have water that is slightly alkaline (7.5 Ph) and I give it to the plants slightly colder than room temperature. I have soft water in the suburbs.

Thanks

No don't mix keep it simple one or the other, soil is more simple, but coco can be forgiving to, if you want simple try coco with canna a+b and pk 13/14 , as long as you have a ph meter and a ec (ppm) meter you will be fine , but as always your environment is key to any grow, lights, temps, humidity , feed , air, being dilled in is important !😜

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ciderboy For This Useful Post:

GreenGecko (24-01-16)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast