Thread: Using a fan controller with a gorilla box fan

Thanks

Default Using a fan controller with a gorilla box fan

Anyone know if it's ok to use a fan controller with a 12" 4250m2 gorilla box fan? My fan controller is a ecotechnics. The reason I ask is because the fan motor inside the mdf box seems to get very hot! The minimum speed will be set about 35 any lower it buzzes and max will be about 50%

Also the wattage is 550w so if I have the fan set at 50% does this mean I'm only using 275w of electric?

White Warg Guest

Fan getting hot is not a good thing, sure it will diminish lifespan. Don't know anything about the Gorilla box fans themselves though.

Yes, the reduction will be a reduction of electricity too. A 550w fan is pretty gobsmacking to be honest.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by White Warg View Post
    Fan getting hot is not a good thing, sure it will diminish lifespan. Don't know anything about the Gorilla box fans themselves though.

Yes, the reduction will be a reduction of electricity too. A 550w fan is pretty gobsmacking to be honest.
    I know mate I didn't know it was that wattage until I took the box to bits to get it through my loft hatch! Iv gone big so I can run it at half the power because I'm sick of hearing fans running full speed when I'm in bed :/

White Warg Guest

I got an stronger RVK than I need and run it at about 20% via a 5-step controller, even unboxed it's pretty much silent. I literally sleep 1 foot away from the tent.