Thread: Second timer

Thanks

Default Second timer

Whats people's views on second timers for controlling the feed of a willma system in coco.

Used to using a normal timer that allows 15 min segments only had a play with a second timer. Not a normal second timer a homemade one, basically each segment on the converted timer equates ro 20secs.
    So that gives me 32 mins for a full rotation of the timer witch would of been 24 hours

So basically in a 32 min period in full flower how many 20 sec segments would u look to have on and how spread out over that 32 mins would be ideal.
    Using very large pots think there the biggest for the willam system

Had a play around myself but can't seem ro get it right either seem to stay very moist and heavy pots or seem ro be very light and not feed enough.

I no there are lots to consider when sorting a feeding schedule so prob what im more after Is any advice from anyone using or have used a second timer

Cheers guys

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Segmental timer I think they're called.
    I've never used one, but common sense would tell me to start with one or two feeds and up the amount of feeds as the plants get larger and hungrier!
    Imo there is no concrete answer, you have to adapt the feedings to your plants uptake of nutrients and the environment they are in!
    I would love to try one of these in clay pebbles, you would be able to feed more and they dry out quicker, so imo they would be more suited to the heavy feeding schedule and you would get bigger buds in return!