Thread: tap roots showing but need some advice

Thanks

Default tap roots showing but need some advice

Hi, I have 2 seeds in paper towel method and they have started to show tap roots of about 1 or 2mm atm, what size should they be when I plant into soil? Also should I water the soil first just to make it slightly damp?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,496 Times

Damp soil bro, I always get mine into the ground soon as the show there tap with the root facing down

Up the irons

Thanks

But they don't need no light for the early stages right?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

They don't need any light until they break soil mate
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-seeds-in-soil

If your planting in soil the above will help.
    They don't need light till they poke thier heads up
    But I give them light anyway.but personel preferance
    On that up to you.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

Thanks

forget the paper towel and just soak them overnight in a glass of water, then plant them with the pointy bit facing up somewhere dark and warm.

the root will come out of the "pointy bit" and then curl around the seed and grow downwards, then the stem will grow upwards with the leaves still in the stem until there big enough to grow too big for the shell.

plain tap water is fine as there are enough minerals in it to start them off.

thats basically what happens when your seeds grow

Dr-Chronic Guest

follow erbs method bro, i literally just did and its going bang on, the light thing is controversial some people do some people dont, i did as per erbs post, thinking about it though its kinda logical, once seeds in the soil and covered it will be dark anyway also its helpful if not at location as when they break the surface they go looking for light (but you can leave in dark like already been said its not needed), but if the light isnt present theyll stretch if your not on it, id also get them planted soon as, should see them poke surface in about 3-5 days depending mate just use a pair of tweezers to transfer them over to the soil and not your fingers and cover lightly dont compact it else the baby wont break surface good luck mate
    Last edited by Dr-Chronic; 31-01-16 at 10:10 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (31-01-16), ERBURT (31-01-16)

Thanks

For germ once the tap root shows I stick it in the ground root down, I grow lizards and snakes as well so I have reptileheat bulbs I use the 25w heat lamps and put them on 18hrs the heat from the lamp simulates the sun warming up the ground in the morning and will encourage them to grow fast the second the pop up switch to your fluro or what not oh and also they let out a nice warm light which will encourage them to grow even if they pop up whilst your asleep or away rb
    Last edited by RBGROWIN; 07-02-16 at 08:43 AM.

Dr-Chronic Guest

Paper towel 24-48 hour germ for me at 21-23