Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Modding a IWS

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,495 Times

Basically the idea is the raise the water in my pots by a inch or two and to bubble them while the next flood comes
    "Smoke dog baby. Remember that shit. I been smoking since I was two."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to -Smokey- For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (31-01-16), Bud Lightyear (31-01-16), redisiel (01-02-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by -Smokey- View Post
    My idea is to keep them on a flood and drain system but to leave about 2-3" of water in the bottom of the pots, bubbling away until the next flood is due. Coz currently they are sat in about 1" of stagnant water/nutes
    Basically the idea is the raise the water in my pots by a inch or two and to bubble them while the next flood comes
    That should give you more DO at the roots, i don't think you will see much if any difference in plants performance though...You can raise the level in the pots by raising your brain pot on a couple bricks or wood blocks...

Regards BL

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (31-01-16), redisiel (01-02-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

My idea is to keep them on a flood and drain system but to leave about 2-3" of water in the bottom of the pots, bubbling away until the next flood is due. Coz currently they are sat in about 1" of stagnant water/nutes
    You wont be able to do that.

You cant keep the levels at say 4 inch and then have regular flood cycles as well.
    You will need to have the flood cycle on 24/7 to give you the 4" in the pot you want.
    The only way it could be done is to raise the bottom float valve in the controller.

Its either one way or the other dear.
    There wont be any benefit in what you are suggesting,in fact I think it will cause problems,the coco will be constantly wet.

The water in the bottom of the pots dont do no harm really.with regular floods its always getting mixed.

Do you use anything for the roots?
    Great white shark,roots excel,rhizotonic,are all great for nice white roots.1
    Last edited by Bethmeg; 31-01-16 at 11:22 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (31-01-16), redisiel (01-02-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Hey smokey I've done this but with my own buckets and I ended up changing it to a rdwc with spray bars I thought that it effected the stability of the ph with the air stones might just of been me doing something wrong but just something to look out for mate atb
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Lose the coco get clay balls or even the new grow rocks there not round so plant is more stable , wash then soak balls or rocks in pH 5.6 for 24 hours or longer this stops the pH fluctuations, then put air pad in your res and time it for a hour before you pump your feed in ? You can leave air pump on 24-7 if you wish , i use larger diameter pipe and glands and pumps it takes under 5 min to flood pots, so I back and forth feeds more regular and get more oxygen. Ditch the nutes every 7 days and your on the road to success !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2