Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Starting from scratch.

Thanks

Default Starting from scratch.

So starting from scratch. I live in a semi detached house and my biggest worry is the neighbour and smell.
    I plan to use the loft but there are concerns about temperature drops\rises.
    I have no plant knowledge or past and even less time with "Nigel".
    I was thinking about using eBay for a " nigel" Tent kit. (Info requested)
    I have chosen organic system simply due to no experience.
    400watt hps 2-3 plant to begin (heavy smoker) 120 120 200 tent. (Info needed)
    4inch fan venting to loft. (Info needed)

Any and all help advice criticism welcome.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MickeyNMalloryKnox For This Useful Post:

MJCTHC1 (26-02-16), Skunky n funky (06-02-16)

Thanks

10x10 tent is overkill for 3 plants. Look at 4x4x7 feet. Your light will get lost in that tent. You will need 50000 watts to get 50 watts sq ft. 4x4 with 1000 watt is 62.5 watts sq ft. 50 watts sq ft is ideal, but I guess if you keep plants in tight spacing and light low it could work.

Cheers

White Warg Guest

Don't get an all-in-one kit. It'll be shit and you'll replace everything.

I think the 120 120 tent is 1.2 meters squared, i.e. 4 foot by 4 foot. That's idea for up to 4 plants. You can even get attic-shaped tents if that's an issue. Ebay item 281419712844. If not a square tent is fine.

If you're worried about temp variation and don't want to get into the issue of supplemental heating, one thing you can do is grow autos (autoflowering) on 24 hours a day light. They're quick to turnover and obviously the temperature remains relatively constant. Downside is more electricity. However you can easily put 2 autos on, grow for 6 weeks, then put 2 more in and be harvesting two plants every 6 weeks or so.

You have to get the smell sorted. The good news is it's easily done with a filter, the best around is a Rhino Pro. Here's a 6" Rhino Pro kit with an RVK fan, Ebay 131528297837. Not cheap but much more affordable than getting busted.

Organic is fine. Get some Plant Magic products into your life: Soil Supreme, Oldtimer Grow, Oldtimer Bloom, and Magne-Cal for sure, Bio-Silicon, Catalyst, Platinum if you can afford some worthwhile extras.

Have a look at air-pots too. They're really great.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to White Warg For This Useful Post:

2generations (08-03-16), Mart_Aitch (27-02-16), MickeyNMalloryKnox (18-02-16), MJCTHC1 (26-02-16)

Thanks

Thanks for the info, Obviously its clear rhino is the filter brand to go with. What about lighting i am looking at LED (save money in the long run) however again lack of knowledge and the wealth of brands is boggling is it worth going for LED.

Thanks

If you want to go led and not spend too much Mars is nice and cheap atm.

Thanks

Only saying that because I have one, there is a lot better ones about but more expensive lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

MickeyNMalloryKnox (26-02-16)

Thanks

How are you finding the Mars. Are they full spectrum. Does that matter.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

If you are using LED in the grow room then you will have to look at 24/7 heating rather than just heating when the lights are off but get the kit & measure the temps first
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Mart_Aitch (27-02-16), MickeyNMalloryKnox (27-02-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,415 Times

Have to agree with White Warg - don't buy a kit you will eventually replace everything, 10 liter air - pots would be perfect for auto's fella, good luck and i hope to see you around the forum...........
    REGARDS MJCTHC1

P.P.P.P.P.P. - Perfect Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"Keep it green and full of light"

http:/Completed 2nd diary 32 oz from 9 plants

Check out my first attempt at a diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-diary-attempt

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MJCTHC1 For This Useful Post:

MickeyNMalloryKnox (27-02-16)

Thanks

I like to do things so they work, so I like all the P's.. It's also going to be a few months before I can gather all the required items\knowledge and start stage 2of my journey.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast