Thread: Nft advice needed please

Thanks

Default Nft advice needed please

hi folks after some advice and general tips on nft. I am about to start my 4th grow first 3 were in soil but I have now switched over to hydroponics and bought my self a nft gt 150 system.

equipment and nutes are as follows

2.4m x1.2m x 2.0m tent
    2 x 600 watt air cooled lights capable of 660 with the power boost setting on my ballasts
    6" rhino pro filter and 6" rhino pro fan for extraction which will be hooked up to pull air out through the filter and lights then out the tent
    5" rhino pro intake fan
    1 x 16" osculating fan
    GT 150 nft system the model with the 3 channels

I will be using advanced nutrients which are sensi grow A & B sensi bloom A & B big bud, overdrive, b52, hammerhead, budcandy, voodoo juice, Rhino skin.

Things im not sure about
    PH res temp ec are all very important but im not sure what to buy I was looking at the blue lab guardian monitor the one that has all 3 on a digital display. please advise is there any other models out there for cheaper and just as good?
    how many plants do you recommend to put in my system Im thinking of doing 7 and stagger them so they room to fill out a bit im in UK so plant numbers are a small issue haha or would I jujst do 9 3 in each channel please advise on this as well
    do I need to run cal mag all the time

I am about to pop a pack of super lemon haze I did it in my last grow a pulled 518 grams from 4 plants under a 1 x 600 watt hps light in 18litre pts in soil whuch is pretty good for my third grow I think and I enjoy the smoke

Any comments, ideas, suggestions and advice are all welcome

Thank You

Thanks

come on folks no one willing to give some tips or advice haha

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

welcome to the water world, i,m sure you,ll love the hydro but let me give you one bit of advice, put most of them additives in cupboard, on your first run keep it simple, maybe a bit pk and a flower enhancer at first , maybe you should of asked on here before you bought all of that, that combi metre from blu lab is a good bit of kit though and worth its weight in gold, make sure you get some calibration fluid with it though just to make sure its dialled in, as for plants, nft is a good system but only for short veg unless your working a scrog net as the big down fall is plants falling over with their own weight, 9 plants sounds good for a quick run though, theres an nft buddy page up here, https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ay.php?131-NFT check it out , oh and good luck

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

British green (01-03-16), Cunning (07-02-16), Jesse Pinkman (09-03-16)

Thanks

Just a note, I bought one of the $29 auto calibration meters on eBay and it's lasted longer than my blue labs (yup plural lol). I check it like twice a day and it's been dialed in, I calibrate it just to be sure lol.

Thanks

^^^^Perhaps I got lucky though. I've had two Bluelab testers and they lasted only two years. Thought I'd try a cheap one lol

Thanks

Good to see another fan of the super lemon bro, I'm on week 9 of flower with 5 SLH in a couple of nft systems and they are beasting. Be carefull with how tall they get, u might wanna think about tying down/ super cropping or even using a screen or something just to control it abit. I found that for temps the best thing was a small cheap glass aquarium thermometer they don't quite display everything you would get with the blue lab but probably cost 20 times less lol. The seven sounds like a more manageable amount, you are smart to do the staggering, don't have the grow cubes directly in front of the pump outlet or you will quickly have an over saturated cube. Would deffo go with the 7 rather than 9 mate!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

You can get by on the cheap and upgrade later if you wanted I use essentials ph pen and a cf eco stick and it works for me with regards to ph you want to aim between 5.5 and 6.1 and res temp is best at 18degrees note tho I'm not a nft grower I run dwc but the same rules apply, good luck with your grow fella

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

Your setup sounds spot on dude.

If i were you I'd hold off on a guardian & just go for a separate EC/PH meters. Save your bucks & invest in a Chiller instead (a hailea 150a will be good for your res). It will have your back once things warm up again.

I will be including advanced nutrients calmag in my next grow as my LED causes issues in early flower. From what i read you add it at 2ml per litre (at the first signs of any issue) & run for 1 week. Repeat for one more week if needed.