Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buds Loosing Smell in Drying process

Thanks

Default Buds Loosing Smell in Drying process

Hey ThcFamily,

I just cut down my second grow of Rough Neck. Chopped at the base and hung upside down at room temperature. Humidity around 45 which isn't the best I know but could this be the culprit of me loosing the stank? Buds had a great smell before I cut it down. Flushed out for a week and a half prior. Only cut off huge fan leaves, but on the second day of curing it didn't smell like nothing. Kind of just smelt 'green'. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

How long did you dry it for

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

RealOne (10-02-16)

Thanks

Ussually happens when cut to early, at least then it will smell a bit like dry grass

Thanks

just let it dry out and put it in jars to cure it should bring the smell back

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluntfish For This Useful Post:

RealOne (10-02-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Yeah I'd say the smell will come back.
    Mine usually do it aswell.depends on the weed
    Aswell I reckon.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

RealOne (10-02-16)

Thanks

the smell should come back after curing

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tatbock For This Useful Post:

Hedonistic Hippy (08-02-16), RealOne (10-02-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

If its overdried ull realy struggle to get any smell back even with a cure, most important part of the grow in my opinion the whole drying and curing process. Ive learned the hard way overdrying a crop and completly fucking it up. Puttin all that time and effort into the grow then fuckin up on something so silly at the end is a mistake ill try never to make again

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

Buster (08-02-16), ERBURT (08-02-16), ggotch (08-02-16), GhostPGE (16-05-16), MJCTHC1 (08-02-16), potanist01 (10-02-16), RealOne (10-02-16), Roy Cropper (10-02-16), skippy (08-02-16)

Thanks

How do you avoid over drying then? Do you just test the stalks to see if it snaps everyday?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

personaaly i dont let them get that dry, once the outside is dry it goes in the jars 1 day then back in the box 1 day rinse and reapeat

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bluntfish For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (08-02-16)

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by D90 View Post
    How do you avoid over drying then? Do you just test the stalks to see if it snaps everyday?
    Thats too dry imo. This is how i do it...

Cut down the main colas and remove any side branches. Leave all buds connected to branches/cola
    Trim sugar leaves
    Leave to dry, around 5 days should be long enough.
    On day 3 i remove all small buds from branches and place them in a large plastic container, chuck in an RH meter and put the lid on. If the RH is stable at 60-65% for 10-12 hrs they go in the jars
    Day 4 the large buds are removed from the colas and placed into the plastic tubs. After a few hrs the RH normal increases as they are still wet, putting them in the tubs draws the moisture out which gives a more even dry. Remove from the tubs and continue to dry for another day. I repeat this until RH is stable at 65% then into the jars for the curing process

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Blue (08-02-16), Buster (08-02-16), GanjaFarmerNL (08-02-16), ggotch (08-02-16), GhostPGE (16-05-16), Jesse Pinkman (08-02-16), LemonThai (29-02-16), MJCTHC1 (08-02-16), RealOne (10-02-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast