Thread: How does Carbon dioxide and oxygen mix in an enclosed room?

1. Default How does Carbon dioxide and oxygen mix in an enclosed room?

I'm not sure if this is a stupid question or not :P I've tried to find the answer on google but am having no luck with my searches, we all know to get to the ground when in a burning house, the smoke rises, does the carbon dioxide too? (Plus when you go up a mountain the air gets thinner)

I ask this because I want to know if I should put my Intake Air Fan on the floor or the ceiling, as my plant will be speweing out oxygen I want the Intake fan to be sucking in the most carbon rich pocket of air, rather than oxygen rich, so do the two gas's mix equally in a room with no air circulation or would the air sink to the bottom and the carbon rise to the top? Or perhaps the difference of 8 feet is insignificant.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,385 Times

Unless your useing co2 supplement then you might as well keep to a standerd set up,

Carbon dioxide is heavier than oxygen ,

If you was to use it as a supplement you are better to use it in a sealed room with a air change every hour , and a fan to circulate the air around the room,

Your carbon filter is always best at top of your groom with intake at the bottom ,

Standerd air is around 350 ppms of carbon dioxide , for it to have a positive effect you need it to be around 550 to 1500 ppm ,

Hope this helps abit 😜👍

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ciderboy For This Useful Post:

Bammbulance (20-02-16)

4. Default

Thanks alot ciderboy! Excatly the answer I was looking for (Plus some info to do additional research on ) phew I won't have to change my groom design with that advice

Note: Doh, hours of trying to find out myself when I could have just typed 'whats heavier, oxygen or co2', lol. Thankyou.