Thread: Brown leaf! driving me nuts

Thanks

Default Brown leaf! driving me nuts

Hi guys, babies are roughly 2 and a half weeks old since sprouting and initially they looked really healthy. After the first set of non-seed leaves started to get a bit bigger, brown leaf began to form, and has gotten substantially worse over time... I've tried lowering the ph of my water a few days ago, waiting to see if that has any effect, but in the mean time it has been getting worse and developing on some of the newer leaves.

i'm a first time grower so I was sort of half expecting something like this to happen, as it is a learning curve, but I can't actually figure out definitively what's causing this problem so it's kinda frustrating! but if these babies can be salvaged and or remedied I'd be very appreciative!

I'm going to pick up some Cal-Mag tomorrow and try a little bit of that the next time they get a drink, but if anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.

i've attached some pics but the site wouldn't let me link them properly... so here is the links, hopefully

ht t p://i6 6 .tinypic .c o m/2z8c9za.jpg

ht tp: //i 64.tinyp ic.co m/ 2cqitzn.jp g
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160222_142944.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	320638   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160222_143035.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	320639  
    Last edited by Romplestylchen; 22-02-16 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,708 Times

Thanks

sorry

the soil is dutch pro, pre-fertilized but i was assured it would be okay for seedlings. light mix. i didn't use any perlite unfortunately, will make sure to use this next time round.

i'm using an LED light, and I was keeping the plants very close under the assumption that because the LED doesn't give off any heat (really) that I could 'indulge' the plants... rookie mistake as I just learned this is probably the reason they're suffering so much.

They're being watered pretty sporadically, just getting the soil nice and damp each time and then waiting for it to be dry and ready for it's next drink.

i've lowered the plants dramatically, hopefully this will cause some improvement.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Romplestylchen View Post
    sorry

the soil is dutch pro, pre-fertilized but i was assured it would be okay for seedlings. light mix. i didn't use any perlite unfortunately, will make sure to use this next time round. (you can use perlite when you up pot them)

i'm using an LED light, and I was keeping the plants very close (how close is 'close'?) under the assumption that because the LED doesn't give off any heat (really) that I could 'indulge' the plants... rookie mistake as I just learned this is probably the reason they're suffering so much.

They're being watered pretty sporadically, just getting the soil nice and damp each time and then waiting for it to be dry and ready for it's next drink.

i've lowered the plants dramatically (what does this mean?), hopefully this will cause some improvement.
    So which LED light are you using?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    So which LED light are you using?
    it's a 300W light from PlatinumLED. also when I said I lowered the plants, that means their distance from the light.

and idk how close is close, I wasn't measuring it with a ruler or anything, but i'd hazard a guess at around 4-5 inches. pretty damn close.

edit: they're also on a 24hour veg cycle
    Last edited by Romplestylchen; 22-02-16 at 11:55 PM.