Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Horizontal growing

Thanks

I have grown a plant using a light source at the side. I had to rotate the plant to give it a better distribution of light, but it grew ok. The lower parts of the plant tended to fair better than you'd usually expect with a source above. Roots also formed ok.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Craigjw For This Useful Post:

plattynum26 (06-03-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plattynum26 View Post
    This is a form of like a sgrogg. You can top a plant at 4th node train the 2 main armed one left under a net one right the shoots will them grim up towards the light in turn creating more bud sights exposed to the light. Takes time and patience but can be rewarding. You can veg a plant for up to 6 months or more doing this method making a monster of a plant just need a big enough pot and right environment. Your talking silly amounts from just one plant.
    I've seen this in action many times. 6 months vege at a minimum and your plant will produce a pound or more of dried bud. Usually outdoor grows cause of space limitations. It's LST, SOG. No topping required just plant on a horizontal and tie down from day one. Friends use wire to steak the stem down and then tie down with string once the main branches start to head or just more to let more light into the lower branches. I usually grow till 3-4 foot tall and then tie down.

Thanks

look up v-sogs on other sites great way to utilise space and can have 360deg of light used by surrounding the bare bulb

Thanks

...The plants still grew towards the light ....the pics they showed for advertising were doctored with normally grown plants just inserted in the planter upside down for the photo shoot
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dirt View Post
    I remember I couple years ago there was a craze with tomato planters that where hung upside down and the plant would grow towards the ground. I don't recall the advantage of doing so. Soace saver? Just Googled it. Only advantage is saves space, no staking require and apparently fools some pests.
    https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...I5sfXFDudspYf0
    No matter where you go , there you are .

Thanks

Yeah, those things were definitely photoshopped.
    Stay High!

Thanks

Why not just scrog or lst doesn't make much since really? Yo lay a plant on its side your going to push some branches to the bottom and have to train them any way also going to be a big pain in the arse watering and keeping growing medium from spilling everywhere, I see no benefit what so ever to come of this practice if anything I see more problems being introduced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2