Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Opinion RE: Trichomes

Thanks

Default Opinion RE: Trichomes

Hey all,

I have done the reading about the clear, milky and amber trichomes but I have also read that the shape will also give you an indication of how close you are to harvest. It was said that as they age, they will start to bend over (bow their heads). What is your opinion on this? Also, I am having a hard time to get a very clear picture of my trichomes. I am looking for some experienced eyes to look at pics and give an opinion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Left plant 2.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	320920Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Left plant.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	320921Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Right plant 2.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	320922Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Right plant.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	320923

BTW: I have two plants and they seem to be growing differently... the right plant has a lot more coloured hairs and a much deeper colour.

Thanks
    H420

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobby420 For This Useful Post:

liquiddiscos (06-12-16), Ye Old Pioneer (27-02-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

I go by trichomes alone. For me, more amber is best.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (27-02-16), Hobby420 (27-02-16), mercegue (27-02-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,526 Times

cracking photos wish i could get some like that!!!! as aspie said ^ for me the more amber the better and more locked to the bed/couch i get!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ye Old Pioneer For This Useful Post:

Hobby420 (27-02-16), mercegue (27-02-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ye Old Pioneer View Post
    cracking photos wish i could get some like that!!!!
    I would like to get better. For these I attach a 40x jeweler's loupe to my BlackBerry camera with an elastic LOL. 1 in 10 pictures are ok :-)
    Thanks though!
    H420

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobby420 For This Useful Post:

mercegue (27-02-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,269 Times

This is interesting as I'm having a few trich issues myself (photos shortly). I've got two decent loupes, can see my trichs really clearly. I can tell the clear ones (they look like sugar granules) and I believe I can see mostly cloudy on mine (they're no longer as, well, shiney/glittery as the clear ones), but I'm yet to look at them and clearly see anything I would call amber. I've had a butchers at the photos from the original poster, as has been said, awesomely clear shots - well done there. So, from those examples, I'm not seeing anything amber - only some that look darker which I attribute to them hanging off darker coloured leaves. Would you guys agree or do I have acute amber trich blindness or something???

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mysticjim For This Useful Post:

Hobby420 (27-02-16), mercegue (27-02-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mysticjim View Post
    I'm not seeing anything amber - only some that look darker which I attribute to them hanging off darker coloured leaves. Would you guys agree or do I have acute amber trich blindness or something???
    LMFAO... "acute amber trich blindness". I am going to have to search that out in a medical dictionary!
    That is why I would like to get better pictures because I can tell if it is light or dark/light leaves that is showing the different colours. At first they were standing up straight but they are starting to bend over. I think it was Jason Wilcox from Cannabis In Canada http://cannabisincanada.ca/author/jason/ that talked about them bending over when they are getting close to harvest but I have not been able to find it again. I also seem to remember he related this to a stage before amber.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobby420 For This Useful Post:

mercegue (27-02-16)

Thanks

Get a 20 £ eBlay USB microscope no more prOblems

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mercegue For This Useful Post:

Hobby420 (27-02-16)

Thanks

just did this shot

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mercegue For This Useful Post:

ken doh (28-02-16), scottym (29-02-16), Ye Old Pioneer (27-02-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mercegue View Post
    Get a 20 £ eBlay USB microscope no more prOblems
    I am going to have to go that route... I have been looking for the past two day at local stores but not able to find one as sometimes things don't arrive very fast from some sellers. Do you have a make & model you would suggest or just go by the power? What power do you use?

Thanks
    H420

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobby420 For This Useful Post:

mercegue (27-02-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby420 View Post
    I am going to have to go that route... I have been looking for the past two day at local stores but not able to find one as sometimes things don't arrive very fast from some sellers. Do you have a make & model you would suggest or just go by the power? What power do you use?

Thanks
    H420
    I picked up 2 loupes from ebay for £1.98 (x60 LED)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

mercegue (27-02-16)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast