Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 1 st. Dwc project mh/hps scrog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bammbulance View Post
    Also, pot changing / checking is horrible with SCROG be Very cafefull, your branches will snap easily if you lift the lid and the branches press up against the netting (A mistake i'll never repeat), best to either have something under your tanks that you can remove so that the lids stay in place but the tanks can be lowered/removed (watch out for roots snagging/tearing), good to have duplicate pots so you can have the new mix ready to put in its place, OR have a tank that you'll never need to change, A good tank size in my opinion is around 50l per plant (Lots of space)

I use a 100 liter tank for 2 plants and only need to change the water 3 times start-finish, first its filled with veg nutes (2-3 week old plants transfered from my 20l DWC seedling tank), then when ready to do so changed to flowering nutes, and I change the flowering nutes once during flowering phase), my tanks just big enough that nothing nasty builds up. (I empty it with a water pump connected to a long hose that I drain into my bath tub), quite easy. Filling it is a B@s^ard!! :P

I also aim for 6.0 Ph (But 5.6-6.2 is fine in my eyes too), hard to get it spot on and no real need to go crazy.

Hope any of these tips help, happy growing ^^

Thanks for the tips, fella ) Well, now i am using 2 pots 20l each. And as you said, i am doing it in same way, i put bricks below which i remove when it's time for change. But it pisses me off, coz i need to rise pot closures to measure pH or EC, it will become risky when my babies will reach net as u said How come you can prolong your water tank change if it has more space? So if i would put 100 tank for 2 plants, i could change it not so often?? Can't understand correlation between size of water tank and changing periods rate What temp your water is by celcius? Also i've heared if you use enzymes, for exp. cannazym it may prolong water changing rate, can it? I'm holding 5.7-5.9 pH, but somehow my planties are growing even slower then in soil.. I will make photos later, now it's 8 days long, but looking small :/
    LEMON AMNESIA DWC SCROG PROJECT - currently

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070419229

2. Default

Good question, one I am not 100% but I'll try to explain my logic...

Lets say I put my plant in my tank with an Ec of 2.0, every day I top the water level up and if needed the Ec (If it drops below 2.0), but the Ec is just a test of how many nutrients, not which nutrients, so eventually after lots of top ups I could still have an Ec of 2.0 (But the contents are heavier in certain nutrients, lacking in others, or toxins), over a long period these nutrient deficiencies/surplus/toxins will build up in the tank, but the way I see it is they will take alot longer to build up with a bigger tank (They will not be so concentrated), and nutrient deficiencies will take longer to develope. The chance of your plant sucking all nitrogen from a 100l tank is smaller than from a 20l tank over time. Hope that makes sence?

Sadly using a bigger tank means you need to add more nutrients to get it to Ec2.0, I have a big tank, rarely change its contents, but I have to empty half a bottle of nutes to a fresh tank hehe.

Hrm can you not put a hole in your lids? My net pots came with a seperate hole (about the size of a golf ball) that I can put my Ec/Ph meter in to test without touching the plant, important

Can't help with water temps and adding enzimes, I never have D: bigger tank = slower heat build up, never has any root issues, and I want to try all these enzimes and such but never tried, I just use Ionic Grow / Bloom and a bit of Boost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bammbulance For This Useful Post:

Experimentus (14-03-16)

Thanks

Thanks Bammbulance Everything really helped, my babies survived vegetation period, but something was not right, they were developing too slow, i had to veg for 50 days to reach level which i wanted Check my diary by clicking link below, no1 responses to it, so i think i will be posting info here for Q&A and an updates

An update (check photos at my diary)

My babies have been veging for 50 days when i kept them in dark for 48 hours and boom it's in flowering period It started with EC 1,7 now it's the same in left plant, but the right one has EC 1,4. Is it possible that it ate so much in 2 days?? I have an issue, airstones always gets stuck and it barely pumps air to the bucket... And the other problem related to this one is that in the bottom of bucket there gain something similar to white salt and sticky glue or smth like that... And i think that airstones get stuck from them... I veged 50 days my plants, it's way more than it should be with DWC. It grows too slow, what can cause this problem??? Even that i was growing in soil with same conditions it was way faster... Any tips guys?? pH is 5,8 - 5,9. In veg period pH was same and EC got from 1,2 in start to 1,6. Leafes didin't show any diseases or lack of nutritions, so why it's growing so slow??

Thanks

great thread! I wanted to do the same thing but cant due to my space restrictions good work looking forward to seeing how it pans out

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Experimentus View Post
    Thanks Bammbulance Everything really helped, my babies survived vegetation period, but something was not right, they were developing too slow, i had to veg for 50 days to reach level which i wanted Check my diary by clicking link below, no1 responses to it, so i think i will be posting info here for Q&A and an updates

An update (check photos at my diary)

My babies have been veging for 50 days when i kept them in dark for 48 hours and boom it's in flowering period It started with EC 1,7 now it's the same in left plant, but the right one has EC 1,4. Is it possible that it ate so much in 2 days?? I have an issue, airstones always gets stuck and it barely pumps air to the bucket... And the other problem related to this one is that in the bottom of bucket there gain something similar to white salt and sticky glue or smth like that... And i think that airstones get stuck from them... I veged 50 days my plants, it's way more than it should be with DWC. It grows too slow, what can cause this problem??? Even that i was growing in soil with same conditions it was way faster... Any tips guys?? pH is 5,8 - 5,9. In veg period pH was same and EC got from 1,2 in start to 1,6. Leafes didin't show any diseases or lack of nutritions, so why it's growing so slow??
    I'm just a bit perplexed to be honest thats a very high Ec for the plants i saw, to have them on i prefer to measure in ppms to be more accurate which is what you should be doing in Dwc because you need to study the hell out of them. Dwc will teach you a lot about plants which you would well know by now.
    the glue residue could be pythirum but sounds more like a reaction and the salts are simply nute salts ,but worth noteing because somethings happening here ,it sounds like the nutes are "falling out of suspension" ,also check that something eles isnt happening ie. one day i put tape inside of the tank to tape down the air line ,due to the acidic PH of the water it melted the glue on the tape and the tape itself and made the water gluey.
    hope this helps cheers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IndicaIVme For This Useful Post:

Experimentus (02-05-16)

Thanks

Damn i don't understand difference between EC and ppm... There are two different meters - EC and ppms? I have the EC one Yea it may be too high, but leaves there healthy and didin't show any signs of overdosing or lack of nutes Those salts get stuck airstones and they don't pump any air at all... So i had to remove airstones and pump air directly from pipe, bubbles are too big, i don't know what to do with those salts...

Thanks

Photo update

Flowering day 6

EC 1,7 -1,8
    pH 5,7-5,9

Thanks

Here's my babies EC 1,9 and pH 5,8. I think budds are performing too slow, leaves are also getting lighter, but i take it as natural process Any tips guys, how does it look like for you? I mean does it look ok for a day 38?

Flowering day 38 / week 5

Last edited by Experimentus; 05-06-16 at 09:47 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3