Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help a novice calm down, about aphids ! less than 2 weeks from chopable

Thanks

Default Help a novice calm down, about aphids ! less than 2 weeks from chopable

I've only grown 3 crops, only 1 year and 2 months since soaking my first seeds.

Though, I can't believe my dumb self has let aphids walk in through the door and set up living on my leaves.

I found a group on the underside of one leaf near the top and went coo-coo bananas, thinking it's all over.

I wiped them off with kitchen roll and white vinegar to begin with then mixed up Neem oil which I heard mentioned on here and looked up and bought for my eczema.

3.6ml of Neem oil to 500ml water, wiped off and sprayed as many aphid leaves as I could find.

Luckily there was not another infestation on a leaf the same amount as the first leaf I found but there was some red aphids further round and the plant can hardly stand up on it's own when I removed the strings that hold branches.

I think the stems must have got used to the string holding them up.

Somebody out there, tell me aphids aren't that serious, if I keep getting in there and checking every day or two and keep using Neem solution.

Does Neem kill aphids ? Do they eat buds ?

No pictures, I cleaned them off in too big a hurry.

Someone please say Aphids aren't the little green terminators to be afraid of.

I need some hope !!

They got in there because I've been letting the temperature drop too much at night.

This will be corrected tonight and vigilantly continued through the next weeks.

Anyone with aphid experience please lend me your wisdom.

Thanks

Thanks

Neem is correct,keep a keen eye.repeat if ness.mites are much worse also try sticky traps(fly strips)something about the color yellow attracts them.with two weeks left,should b ok.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

I put a very small drop of Ecover washing up liquid into each feed. It helps make the water wetter and helps avoid dry spots in the soil and also pests hate it!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,415 Times

Don't worry they don't eat your bud - their just a bloody nuisance and as has been said they'll be gone soon enough - good luck fella............
    REGARDS MJCTHC1

P.P.P.P.P.P. - Perfect Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"Keep it green and full of light"

http:/Completed 2nd diary 32 oz from 9 plants

Check out my first attempt at a diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-diary-attempt

Thanks

Thanks Trichrome and the highwayman ! MJC You're on the case, cheers man !

It sounds so much more official if someone else says it.

Vigilance with the Neem spray will be my number 1 priority in life till they're harvested and into curing.

I've been ignoring some little white thing I thought was a piece of dust that wouldn't get sucked into the extraction ducts, I should leave the extraction on 24/7 !!!! Genius, if I hadn't pinched the idea from Face.

Thanks for the words of wisdom.

I won't let you down !

Heeby
    Last edited by HeebyJ; 28-02-16 at 03:31 PM. Reason: additives

Thanks

Got a yellow trap up before I started spraying, it caught in my hair and my arm till it stuck to the side.

I'll get another up if I can find a place it doesn't catch on leaves and tear them up like my 1st grow.

Cool cool cool cool cool.

Thanks

Sulfume hotbox pretty cheap and do nothing but good

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Growmaster For This Useful Post:

HeebyJ (03-03-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,783 Times

Neem will kill aphids & also break the cycle but it must be used as a course rather than a single spraying
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

10. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

HeebyJ (03-03-16)

Thanks

yes neem is a course. it basically makes them forget something, like eat or reproduce or that they can fly basically breaking the cycle of life for them. it just takes a bit of time till you start noticing anything. I usually use azamax for pests but not at the stage of flowering your in.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sawleaf For This Useful Post:

HeebyJ (03-03-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,783 Times

Neem is a hormonal inhibitor and works in a similar way to Azamax....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

HeebyJ (03-03-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast