Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Help with ph

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,415 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dirt View Post
    So noob question. When you say soil does that include promix, which I am using. Or do you mean actual soil like fox farms. I bought pH down thinking I would have to adjust my PH. I am only discovering now that this is only the case with Hydro and not with soil. I haven't adjusted my ph yet though for I am waiting on my PH meter. So should I not bother with the pH in pro mix? The girls seem to be growing just fine so far.
    In soil your pH is buffered by the actual soil it works like (for a better word) buffering the soil so any salts etc. will stay in the soil, hope this help fella..........

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MJCTHC1 For This Useful Post:

Joe Dirt (01-03-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,415 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Germy View Post
    I have been having issues for a long time. I'm using promix bx. I water and feed at 6.5 ph. I decided to get a soil probe for my blue lab combo meter. I tested tonight. Read 5.5 in both plants soil. What ph should I feed and water to bring the ph up? using fox farm nutes. Any input welcome.

thanks in advance!
    Sorry for the mix up, my thoughts were honest and true at the time of posting to you, if it wasn't for the guys setting it straight I would still be thinking the same as I posted, once again all apologies - that's what I thought but now I Know the real purpose of these solutions, sorry Germy...........
    REGARDS MJCTHC1

P.P.P.P.P.P. - Perfect Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"Keep it green and full of light"

http:/Completed 2nd diary 32 oz from 9 plants

Check out my first attempt at a diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-diary-attempt

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MJCTHC1 For This Useful Post:

ggotch (02-03-16)

Thanks

Done with soil. Going to dwc again. Sick of fucking with this. Many successful bubble bucket grows.

Thanks

I know a lot of people say don't have to ph when using soil... I've found that is not the case, it is important...

I use RO water, and even then after I add the nute mix, the ph of my feed is somewhere around 4.5 -5.0, therefore I always adjust ph up to 6.5. It's consistently the same thing. When plants start reacting negatively, I flush with florakleen... I can relate, I am now using DWC. Plants are greener and developed faster.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3