Thread: SCROG advice needed for 1.2x1.2 grow tent

Thanks

Default SCROG advice needed for 1.2x1.2 grow tent

Hello THCtalkers,

I recently completed my first ever grow and my crops are being cured at the moment. I had 10 plants in 1.2x1.2 tent finished in 7L air-pots. I can honestly say that I found ten plants in such a small space too complicated. As it was my firs grow I had no idea what to expect from the plants, how they develop, where the buds form and grow, etc. Ended up with different hight plants, too bushy for the space, pushing each other. Watering ten plants also is complicated with constant turning them around and rearranging. So my idea for the second grow is fewer but bigger plants.

There are 5 strains in curing jars at the moment: Big Buddha Blue Cheese, Original White Widow, Delicious Cheese Candy, Jacky White and Tangerine Dream. Did some tasting just to find out that Tangerine Dream from Barney's Farm is really outstanding. I like nutty/oily flavour and euphoric and energising effect. Since I have 3 feminised seeds of Tangerine Dream left I think to use them for my next grow plus one Holly Grail by Samsara 69.

Both tangerine dreams in my first grow were two tallest plants and they stretched like crazy at the start of flower. They also complicated plants because of the scattered bud spread over tall stems which basically means few big buds at the top and lots of popcorn ones. I assume that SCROG grow would be much more efficient. Therefore I have number of questions:

1. Would 4 plants finished in 14L air-pots be a good choice for 1.2x1.2 space?
    2. How high should I setup the scrog net?
    3. When should I switch to 12/12? (please note once again that Tangerine Dream is 70% sativa and tend to grow tall).
    4. What size net holes would you recommend? (My idea is 2" or 2.2") Or should I make them bigger?
    5. Anything else should I take into consideration?

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LemonThai For This Useful Post:

Pp90 (29-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

Hi LemonThai. I have grown Tangerine dream before in a SCROG. It's lovely isn't it

They do indeed stretch a lot! Mine didn't stop stretching till 12/12 + 4 weeks! Barneys listed it as a medium sized plant LOL. Yeah right.

1. Would 4 plants finished in 14L air-pots be a good choice for 1.2x1.2 space? I would say 3-4 in that space
    2. How high should I setup the scrog net? 8"-12". Just make sure you can access underneath for when the time comes to lollipop your girls
    3. When should I switch to 12/12? (please note once again that Tangerine Dream is 70% sativa and tend to grow tall). Switch when you have filled 70% of your screen & keep training during the stretch till you fill any remaining gaps
    4. What size net holes would you recommend? (My idea is 2" or 2.2") Or should I make them bigger? Anything between 2"x"2 & 3"x3" will do the job. I did 2.5" x 2.5"
    5. Anything else should I take into consideration? A second layer of pea netting about 9" above your SCROG screen for support once they start packing the weight on

Best of luck. You should get a diary up so we can enjoy the ride with you

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

Volcano (04-02-17)

Thanks

Try V shaped scrog , and I'm not convinced with air pots ? Or net up the sides of your grow area with just 2 plants ,some example pics.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gallery_69331_3997_33203.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	321702

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Growmaster For This Useful Post:

Volcano (04-02-17)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.Scrog.Total_blog_cdn.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	321703
    This is a good one full usability of light

Hopper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Growmaster View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.Scrog.Total_blog_cdn.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	321703
    This is a good one full usability of light
    I effing love that!

Thanks

Thanks

Any info will be greatly appreciated bro

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    I effing love that!
    That looks awesome

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,224 Times

Scrog is good for the tangerine on my 3rd grow of that now and I rock 4 plants in a 1.2x.1.2. They still stretch like crazy so just keep tucking them for the first 3 weeks of 12/12. I've been pulling about 7 ounces per tangerine plant with topping them twice and letting them grow about 7/8 inches above the net.

Like you say fantastic smell and taste to it, only problem I have is that it's a very unstable strain and from a pack of 10 seeds I've had 4 different pheno's.... btw the stretchy one is the best pheno I'd advise you to get a mother one and clone it rather than using the seeds.