Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thrips and Trichomes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dj # View Post
    nasty little buggers that look like this-->

and do this kind of damage-->

thanks dj, im guuna keep a close eye out 4 these lil buggers!!

Thanks

yea apparently my plants have thrips but i cant see them on my leaves or anything
    i used some of this which i got out of homebase but not sure if it has worked

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,061 Times

do these little bastards fly?ive never had any(and never want any)they look like what i know as a fruit fli(but slightly diffrent colour),are they/is it the same thing?

Thanks

Thrips lay eggs in your leaves. When the eggs hatch, the prepupal thrips will look for a dark place to develop, most likely dropping to the soil below. Try covering your pots with plastic or tinfoil. This should stop them from finding the environment needed to survive and hopefully kill the infestation or at least keep it under control.

Thanks

How do these things get to the thc trees? Is it something brought in from outside or something that happens in the UK?

Is there anything in the pre planning stage that can be bought/used to stop this.
    -------------
    and so it begins...............

My bodies at work but mind is somewhere better
    Thanks

Yes they fly when adults and yes you can prevent them setting up home with Neem Oil. I have been plagued with thrips this grow and will be using Neem from the start to stop them feasting on my next grow.
    If you liked my post then be a thanker, if you didn't then you can call me a

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greensmith View Post
    Yes they fly when adults and yes you can prevent them setting up home with Neem Oil. I have been plagued with thrips this grow and will be using Neem from the start to stop them feasting on my next grow.
    Ok some organic item I need to get later when ready to go.

Can you explain how they get there? Will a clean sterile tent stop it?

My bodies at work but mind is somewhere better
    Thanks

My tent is in my external boiler room off our patio so mine come in from the patio plants everytime I open the tent thats why I looked for a preventative solution. They are managable with bug sprays (chemical or Organic) and I can't tell you how much damage they do to the yield as I have always had them but I have managed to grow decent, potent buds even with them munching on the fan leaves.

I would imagine, like mites, they can come into the room on your clothing if your grow in 100% internal but with products such as Neem Oil they won't stay even if they do get in.

Thanks

Default good photo of thrips

We'd like to use the image in a book I'm designing -- let me know how you'd like the photo credit to read.

Thanks!

Thanks

I had a bad dose a couple of years back of these from using unsterilised garden soil

S&B Plant Invigorator is a good thing to get the blighters.. spray every 2-3 days to get the ones on the leaves (making sure to get the undersides well) It is odourless, organic, and safe to use - just don't spray the buds too much or you encourage mold, and the trichs should discourage them climbing that high (they get stuck in the oil & die)
    I think this stuff is a fairly strong anti-fungal too, so I wouldn't recommend root drenching if you are organic or using mychorhizoa (or whatever the stuff is called!)

Also cover the top of the pot with a piece of paper (just cut a slit 7 small hole for the stem to poke through) & this should stop the buggers getting down to the soil & interrupt the life cycle. Apparently when the eggs hatch, the larvae drop down off the plant, and if you stop them getting to the soil then you stop them growing up.

Keep spraying for 2 weeks, and keep the paper cover on for the rest of the grow, & your thrip problem should go away

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lhhip For This Useful Post:

KytNyp (31-05-14)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast