Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thrips and Trichomes

Thanks

Default Thrips and Trichomes

Hello all.

My Thrips have returned Ive heard from a user from a different forum that Thrips wont touch buds or leaves which have Trichomes present is this true? My plants r covered in trichs and resin and they seem to be untouched by the Thrips so im assuming what this user said is true! Can anyone confirm this?

My plants are 4 weeks into flower and r frosting up really nicely and the infestation of the thrips seems to be low.. I think they're finding life hard from the heat of the HPS!

Do u think I should leave them and just kill the Thrips on sight? My main concern is the buds but they're untouched by Thrip damage!!

Advice appreciated!
    DR120 Tent.
    Diamond Reflector.
    Grolux 600W 'Dual Spectrum' Lamp.
    RUCK Fan & Rhino Pro Filter.
    2x 6" Clip-On Fans.
    Small Intake Tower Fan.

Thanks

whats a thrip, iv never heard of it???????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nrg172 View Post
    whats a thrip, iv never heard of it???????
    nasty little buggers that look like this-->

and do this kind of damage-->

"If i cant smoke and swear im F**KED!"
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/image.php?u=5246&type=sigpic&dateline=1249748262
    THCTalk recommends Greens Horticulture for all your growing needs
    if iv been of some help to you please take a second and press the thanks button, cheers

Thanks

Ive just harvested a cheese plant that had a mega thrip problem,the plant in question was covered in the little bastards I tried neem oil,organic insecticide sprays, diluted washing up sprays etc etc they all worked temporarily but the little bastards just came back 4 more, It was more about controling them than exterminating them which the above mentioned done quite well!I never found any thrips on anywhere there was thc tho. hope this helps

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evo4ever View Post
    Hello all.

My Thrips have returned Ive heard from a user from a different forum that Thrips wont touch buds or leaves which have Trichomes present is this true? My plants r covered in trichs and resin and they seem to be untouched by the Thrips so im assuming what this user said is true! Can anyone confirm this?

My plants are 4 weeks into flower and r frosting up really nicely and the infestation of the thrips seems to be low.. I think they're finding life hard from the heat of the HPS!

Do u think I should leave them and just kill the Thrips on sight? My main concern is the buds but they're untouched by Thrip damage!!

Advice appreciated!
    Anymore input on this as I have thousands of the little buggers with three weeks to go.

Thanks

My Thrips dont seem to like the conditions in my tent.. hot and dry so im guessing thats whats keeping their numbers small. I dont think my Thrips r a problem.. the damage is very minimal. Im just gonna keep an eye out and I only have 4 weeks left till harvest!

Im growing a very special plant called UK Cheese crossed with Blueberry or UK Blue Cheese I aquired them as cuttings, and 1 dutch bagseed.

Thanks

Sounds an interesting strain Evo4ever is it one of yours or are they shop bought? The good news is, I've just been in to take a closer look at my plants and it seems true that they don't like leaves with trics on them. So if I can keep them out of the veg room I can fumugate the the flower room a couple off times as soon as I've cropped.

Thanks

Heres a pic btw at week 4...

They're gettin fed on:

25ml Canna Coco A&B
    21ml Canna Boost
    10ml Canna PK 13/14 (starting on next feed)
    Canna Flush (final week)

Im using 7 Liters of water for my feeds.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whitewidman View Post
    Sounds an interesting strain Evo4ever is it one of yours or are they shop bought? The good news is, I've just been in to take a closer look at my plants and it seems true that they don't like leaves with trics on them. So if I can keep them out of the veg room I can fumugate the the flower room a couple off times as soon as I've cropped.
    I got them off my neighbours m8. Hes been growing Exodus UK Cheese for years and he crossed it with a Blueberry male while still retaining the UK Cheese traits!! quite amazing!

Thanks

yea sopunds very intresting evo
    i am dying to get some exodus uk cheese cuttings but haven't really got a trusted source, got a couple off a friend, flower'd em and they come out like bb cheese (which i know coz i've grown plenty of it)

had one that i grew from seed (greehouse seeds) that turned out alot more like the uk cheese but never got a cutting off it
    Last edited by b.t.y; 15-09-09 at 12:10 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast