Thread: Feeding your plants

Dr-Chronic Guest

Default Feeding your plants

Hi there guys, I've had a lot of problems getting my head around how to up the feed of the nutrient tank and when so I thought I'd share what Murdock taught me today, I have a low back ground ec of 0.2 and you want to start off low on feed to not burn them the ec will tell you what to do, if you've set your ec at 0.5 and it drops a point in 24 hours so say .4 add a + b back upto .5ec but if it drops more then 2 points in 24 hours you want to up your strength of feed to .6 and repeat the process but if you set your ec at 0.5 and the ec drifts up water it down until your ec reads a point below as this means there's to much for the plant to handle so it's spitting it back don't go thinking your plants Johnny concrete and give it loads nutes when I first did some research I was told less is more it's better to under feed then over feed so your looking for a top ec of 1.4-1.6 some strains can handle more but better to be safe then sorry, loaded with this info and some other brilliant info on what ml to feed off you top members I feel really hopeful this time also just to add you may want cal mag in veg as a safe precaution and maybe once in flower start of

This info really bloody helped me so Murdock thanks a lot pal, same to face and erburt aswell a hope this helps someone out I was so stuck so I'm glad I asked about

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,873 Times

Simple answer is dont chase the ec lol let them be

Each week you do a fresh res change and increase their ec by 2 points so if they were underfed the week before they will smash the following weeks res even harder. Just worry about your ph

3. The Following User Says Thank You to seymour-buds For This Useful Post:

Dr-Chronic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by seymour-buds View Post
    Simple answer is dont chase the ec lol let them be

Each week you do a fresh res change and increase their ec by 2 points so if they were underfed
    the week before they will smash the following weeks res even harder. Just worry about your ph

Did that last time ended badly mate, the info I've got so far is this liquid silicone at 4ml per litre during veg rhizo at 2ml per litre a and b to make ec up to desired level, then flower cut out rhizo and liquid after first 2 weeks from switch then I'll use boost at 1ml per litre week one 2ml per litre week two and 3 mil week 3 and canna pk13/14 for a week in 5th week of flower at 0.5ml a litre and that's it and to wait til the Ecs dropping a good couple points before you up a point you want to keep them underfed as as posed to over fed and burning tips being as you may have some light feeding strains they may not hack the 0.2 increase each week ima listen to the ec this time see what the crack is but this is the info I've gained of members who have smashed crops on here from the likes of bud light ear ganjagunman Murdock amongst others mate been picking a lot of brains but feel free to correct me if you feel I'm wrong mate by all means I see you've been a member a while so must know what your on about mukka one love

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

seymour-buds (06-03-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,873 Times

Yeah i used to use the canna aqua with all the trimmings myself back in the day in fact im pretty sure that grow in my sig was done using the the same nutes you mention above so im well versed in the canna range and the ups and downs

A lot of effort and dollar to get a result with that brand though

I can see you have put time and effort into trying to get a result so i wont even bother trying to tell you any different.

May you be blessed with plenty of buds for your efforts

Seymour

7. The Following User Says Thank You to seymour-buds For This Useful Post:

Dr-Chronic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by seymour-buds View Post
    Yeah i used to use the canna aqua with all the trimmings myself back in the day in fact im pretty sure that grow in my sig was done using the the same nutes you mention above so im well versed in the canna range and the ups and downs

A lot of effort and dollar to get a result with that brand though

I can see you have put time and effort into trying to get a result so i wont even bother trying to tell you any different.

May you be blessed with plenty of buds for your efforts

Seymour

Agree on the dollar front mate lol I've seen other people get banging results with other lines of nutes going to use them a few runs whilst I use up me shit and pick another I reckon, I wasn't implying you don't know your stuff mate, don't entirely want to mess up this run if I'm honest so I hope my efforts do pay off lmao

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

seymour-buds (07-03-16)