Thread: Opinion or experience with - Pro-Mix Organic Vegetable & Herb mix

Thanks

Default Opinion or experience with - Pro-Mix Organic Vegetable & Herb mix

So, tomorrow is harvest day for my organically grown Purple Kush! I did some sampling and am convinced that organic is the only way to go! While out picking up a few last minute items, I noticed a new Pro-Mix product. I liked what I saw on the ingredients list except for the "slow release" fertilizer, even though it claimed it was organic. It is certified organic by OMRI.. I came home and did some digging and this is what I found (below). I am planning my next grow in a couple of months and thinking of switching up my soil mix.

Has anyone tried this mix or, if not, what are your thoughts about the ingredients?

PREMIER® PRO-MIX® Ultimate Organic Vegetable & Herb Mix is the ultimate peat/compost-based growing mix specially formulated for growing organic vegetables, fruits, and flowers. It is enhanced with Mycorise®. The Ultimate Organic Mix is 100% organically formulated and is approved by OMRI. The Mycorise works naturally to enlarge the plants roots, which allow the plant to take-in more of the essential nutrients needed for growing stronger and healthier. The Sea-based compost is derived from shrimp by-products, seaweed, and/or softwood bark. This mixture works as a slow-release fertilizer, gradually feeding plants. 28.3L

H420

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Anything that 'works as a slow release fertilizer' is something I would question a little more...

That said, I have never tried it...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Hobby420 (05-03-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Anything that 'works as a slow release fertilizer' is something I would question a little more...
    Yes indeed!!! I have some time so I might just go with the Sub Cool mix but, if other brave soles have tried and had good results with the new Pro-Mix (mentioned above), I might give it a go as it appeals to my lazy side LOL

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobby420 For This Useful Post:

M_C (05-03-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby420 View Post
    So, tomorrow is harvest day for my organically grown Purple Kush! I did some sampling and am convinced that organic is the only way to go! While out picking up a few last minute items, I noticed a new Pro-Mix product. I liked what I saw on the ingredients list except for the "slow release" fertilizer, even though it claimed it was organic. It is certified organic by OMRI.. I came home and did some digging and this is what I found (below). I am planning my next grow in a couple of months and thinking of switching up my soil mix.

Has anyone tried this mix or, if not, what are your thoughts about the ingredients?

PREMIER® PRO-MIX® Ultimate Organic Vegetable & Herb Mix is the ultimate peat/compost-based growing mix specially formulated for growing organic vegetables, fruits, and flowers. It is enhanced with Mycorise®. The Ultimate Organic Mix is 100% organically formulated and is approved by OMRI. The Mycorise works naturally to enlarge the plants roots, which allow the plant to take-in more of the essential nutrients needed for growing stronger and healthier. The Sea-based compost is derived from shrimp by-products, seaweed, and/or softwood bark. This mixture works as a slow-release fertilizer, gradually feeding plants. 28.3L

H420
    I started my first grow a month ago, and since it was either this mix or miracle gro..I went with this. I realized too late that it has an 'organic fertilizer' in it with time release. The dosage is very low of n-p-k, so its not terrible. Im growing 2 auto's and end of 4 weeks tomorrow, fed only once with 25-10-10 fert at quarter strength and one didn't mind at all, the other got slight clawing. Likely due to the auto fact and it was a strong fert. I likely will try a different mix for next grow just so I have something else to compare it to. Up to now no issues really..plants seem kind of healthy, though something is a bit off.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Blitz35 For This Useful Post:

Hobby420 (12-06-16)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0056.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	327607Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Day 27 Fri.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	327608Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Day 28 AK heavier LST started.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	327609Click image for larger version. 

Name:	day 28 WW heavier LST started.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	327610

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Blitz35 For This Useful Post:

Hobby420 (14-06-16)

Thanks

The company just wrote me back and here was the answer they gave me with regard to the organic fertilizer.....
    The Pro-Mix Vegetable & Herb Mix uses an organic fertilizer called Sustane®. It is a fully composted turkey litter. The Guarantee Minimum Analysis is listed on the back of the bag. N=0.30% P=0.12% K=0.10% 50% organic matter.
    They say it's on the bag, though it wasn't on mine!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Blitz35 For This Useful Post:

Hobby420 (14-06-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz35 View Post
    The company just wrote me back and here was the answer they gave me with regard to the organic fertilizer.....
    The Pro-Mix Vegetable & Herb Mix uses an organic fertilizer called Sustane®. It is a fully composted turkey litter. The Guarantee Minimum Analysis is listed on the back of the bag. N=0.30% P=0.12% K=0.10% 50% organic matter.
    They say it's on the bag, though it wasn't on mine!
    Your girls look great! Having any issues? Would you use the product again?