Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Chew's chopping, washing, drying & cure guide

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Nice guide Chew, I remember you saying about all the crap that actually came out when you did it, might have to give this a bash. Im all for a more refined product and when you think about it most products grown for human consumption get washed post harvest

Regards BL

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (15-04-16), Trex (25-08-17)

Chew Guest

Thanks Bud,

It's so easy to do and adds about 20 mins to the overall time. It's does even increase drying time. My cheese i harvested Friday is now sitting comfortably at 65% RH in their jars
    No mould in my crop

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (22-03-16), ERBURT (22-03-16), Trex (25-08-17)

Thanks

Ps glad your mould free

6. The Following User Says Thank You to northern old man lights For This Useful Post:

Trex (25-08-17)

Thanks

We are always learning

8. The Following User Says Thank You to northern old man lights For This Useful Post:

Trex (25-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by northern old man lights View Post
    But you are an experienced grower the thread is advice on drying your crop and mould attacks whether your a grower of. 20 years or a newbie ..the advice i gave was an alternative .why wet your bud, if your that bothered by dust use a vacuum cleaner
    Hes looking for a cleaner product that will further go on to be processed into oil thats fair enough...The washed buds won't stay wet long enough for mold spores to settle and germinate there's very little risk of this happening if anything any spores present will be washed away during the cleaning process...The mold spores that cause bud rot during the grow cycle get trapped within the buds as they grow, the spores germinate and spread. If you have ever seen bud rot it starts from the inside where conditions are optimal for its development, i've never seen the rot start from the outside thats because the air is usually too dry for the spore to inject its feed tube through the plant's cell wall....Mold spores are everywhere but it's impossible for them grow if the conditions are not right for them....

Regards BL

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (15-04-16), DixieNormous (24-05-21), Dutchcourage (19-07-16), Samwise Gamgee (22-04-16), SecondShot (09-12-16), Trex (25-08-17), Valve man (14-06-16)

Thanks

Attitude lol aint no hero simply giving a bit of advice but hey if it works for you washing your trichs off hey who am i to argue carry on drip drying bro llf
    You can't wash off this trichs they are resins/oil based there not water soluble...

Regards BL

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

GentleJay (05-08-21), Trex (25-08-17), Valve man (14-06-16)

Thanks

As i said you learn something new all the time.never heard if wading your bud heard of vacuuming it and as for trich fall you put vud into cold water you will lose trich end of
    You need to freeze the trichs for them to break off thats why ice is used for extraction...Every time you handle your buds there's resin coming off but thats because you're bursting the resin glands not breaking them off....I've been doing this shit long enough now to understand the science behind it....Don't be so blinkered man i'm an old cunt too stuck in my ways sometimes but always prepared to accept new ideas

Regards BL

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (15-04-16), Diddydon (29-03-16), Rubbered (22-03-16), Trex (25-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Hey div this was advice not a declaration of war but glad u admit mould and vacuum your bud like you would to get rid of pests ..thought you were an expetienced grower and as for bad manners hell yer if your giving bad advice you leave yourself open to criticsm end of
    Chewey is very experienced in his field and he would be your first port of call if you ever need to make medicinal grade oil.

Name calling and general bad manners will just shorten your stay here... treat this as a first & only warning!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Blue (22-03-16), Bud Lightyear (22-03-16), Diddydon (29-03-16), ERBURT (22-03-16), Rubbered (22-03-16), Trex (25-08-17), Valve man (14-06-16)

MrChedHead Guest

Attitude lol aint no hero simply giving a bit of advice but hey if it works for you washing your trichs off hey who am i to argue carry on drip drying bro llf
    Bit of a noob answer there mate... oil in water cmon dude... no need to be nasty 😯

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

Trex (25-08-17)

Thanks

Some great tips here, thanks

20. The Following User Says Thank You to GanjaMon1 For This Useful Post:

Trex (25-08-17)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast