Thread: PH issues, coco run off

Thanks

Default PH issues, coco run off

Hi guys! So basicly i am having trouble with my run off ph, i am trying to get my plants at a ph of 5.8 or there about, my plants were on 2ml of a+b nutes/L of water, 2 litres each a day but as of last week i have been adding 0.5ml/L of water silicon to help strenghten branches etc (given the silicon every other day, as i feed them daily) along with me adding ph down daily to reach a ph of 5.8, my problem is i have been checking the run off ph and it has been coming out at 7.4-7.6, i am thinking that they might not be flushed out enough but i am giving them 2 litres a day and the first day i switched i gve them 3 litres, there is plenty of run off, do i decrease the ph in the mix and hope it brings the ph of the run off down, is it safe to go below 5.8 in the mix? Any help please, thanks!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Remer For This Useful Post:

ganja.lad (09-03-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Interestingly enough, I've just answered a similar question

Take a peek HERE
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

ganja.lad (09-03-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,243 Times

haha what would we do without THCTALK thanks for the help mate

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ganja.lad For This Useful Post:

MJCTHC1 (09-03-16), M_C (09-03-16)

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Remer View Post
    Hi guys! So basicly i am having trouble with my run off ph, i am trying to get my plants at a ph of 5.8 or there about, my plants were on 2ml of a+b nutes/L of water, 2 litres each a day but as of last week i have been adding 0.5ml/L of water silicon to help strenghten branches etc (given the silicon every other day, as i feed them daily) along with me adding ph down daily to reach a ph of 5.8, my problem is i have been checking the run off ph and it has been coming out at 7.4-7.6, i am thinking that they might not be flushed out enough but i am giving them 2 litres a day and the first day i switched i gve them 3 litres, there is plenty of run off, do i decrease the ph in the mix and hope it brings the ph of the run off down, is it safe to go below 5.8 in the mix? Any help please, thanks!!
    Firstly, if you're gonna check run off, you need to catch it mid flow in a clean cup. And even then, its just a guide.

How old are the plants?
    What Ec are you feeding at?
    What is your back ground Ec?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Remer View Post
    Save your ph pen and do not even bother testing the run off ph, You will end chasing your tail. Just check the run off EC say every week or more if you like to and this will let you know if your over feeding and getting a build up in the pots. As long as the plants look healthy and your ph is right what you are putting in you will be fine.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,415 Times

kbag you always have the answer as you said if the plants are looking good then the run - off pH is of no concern really, good luck with the grow remer hope everything runs well from now - happy growing fella........................
    REGARDS MJCTHC1

P.P.P.P.P.P. - Perfect Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"Keep it green and full of light"

http:/Completed 2nd diary 32 oz from 9 plants

Check out my first attempt at a diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-diary-attempt