Thread: Quick help with diagnosis, pics+info on grow

Thanks

Default Quick help with diagnosis, pics+info on grow

Hey,

Got 2 critical and 1 white diesel haze atm (all auto flowering plants), it's one of the critical's I've got a slight issue with.

Went into compost as seed on Feb 3rd and then transplanted to 10L grow bag filled with biobizz light mix/perlite February 18th, worth mentioning its sister the other critical went into compost same date but big pot 3 days earlier as the one I now have a slight issue with was badly handled and suffered some acute plant shock which has stunted its growth.

So recently got humidifier reader and shows to be about 40% which isn't great but isn't disastrous. Read that 50-80% humidity is best so experimented with boiling a kettle in the wardrobe and letting the humidity stay high for parts of the day. First day of doing that was last night and I've done it again this morning, didn't notice any issues until I just checked the plant now to find two of the leaves on a new canopy section have red and dry/crispy looking tips, see pictures below:

Up-close of the issue:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0278.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	321729

What the plant looks like besides those top two leaves:

Name:	IMG_0279.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	321730

My whole grow the difference in the two critical plants b/c of the stunted growth is substantial as you can see

Name:	IMG_0280.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	321731

Here's all info in one go.
    - 35 days from seed, in biobizz light mix for just under 3 weeks (tomorrow is 3 weeks)
    - 1x200w CFL fluorescent grow lamp (2 lights in there but plants are different height because this one had stunted growth)
    - Temperature fluctuates 22-26, humidity 40% unless I use the kettle for steam
    - I have NOT started feeding yet, but have biobizz grow/bloom and top max at the ready

Wondered if it's time to start feeding? Or whether the steam might have caused this, I might have been boiling the kettle too close to the plants?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

EDIT: Apologies for the photos being reversed I'm going to change that now!!
    Last edited by diddykoiiiboi; 09-03-16 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Photos

Thanks

Nobody got an idea of whether it's a nutrient deficiency or just an impact from the steam being too close when I tried to raise the humidity?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Using a kettle will produce hot steam, too hot if it gets in direct contact with the plants before cooling (And a very expensive way to increase RH) - An ultrasonic humidifier is a much better option, cool steam & runs at about 20w! - something like Argos item 402/6949 is a good option (but you'll get similar for cheaper!)

Whilst the 1st pic looks like nute burn, it could also be steam burn, it's a hard call - if it is a little nute burn then the plants will soon clear the excess nitrogen & settle in, I wouldn't flush them.... yet

Your plants also look stretched, use boxes, CD cases even books to bring them all up to the same canopy height
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove