Thread: Double dark period + further lights

Thanks

Question Double dark period + further lights

Hello !

I am in the process of waiting a double dark period to chop 1 of 2 plants under the same lights.

I plan to keep the 2nd plant another week or two to get some CBN and CBD, fill out the calyxes (not 100% on that) but just let all the pistils turn orange if they can and swell the buds fully.

Trouble is, this plant that will live on will have been in dark for 24 hours before then continuing on it's light cycle.

I can't really do much about it, I'm pretty sure this is a minor stress level incident as far as she's concerned but if anyone knows would a double dark period before continuing 12/12 for one or two weeks really mess up the harvest ???? Please let me know ASAP !

Any experienced Harvesters out there, your 2 cents is greatly appreciated.

GOOD LUCK THCtalkers !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HeebyJ For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

CBD is in the genetics of the strain mate and leaving them to flower longer will only give you more CBN. If you require CBD, you need a CBD strain

No dark period needed before harvest. Give them light, till death

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (16-03-16), HeebyJ (16-03-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

The 24 hrs will do them no harm bro just keep light cycle regular til finish

Up the irons

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

HeebyJ (16-03-16)

Thanks

oh oh oh oh oh.....

I was thinking just take the plant out of the box and stand it somewhere with a sheet over it but that'll bring the smell out for a day longer than I need it.

and the aphid larvae might get sucked into the other tents.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

begin chop now !

12 hours darkness before chop

tempting tempting.....how to decide

Cheers Chewie & The Buddha you're on to something there I think.

Will report back upon commencement of chop

Thanks

regarding the aphid larvae, aphids managed to get in there, I killed them and started using neem oil in a sprayer but they kept producing larvae that weren't moving much.
    There was some green ones yesterday but they wouldn't move when poked so the neem had been doing well for a non-toxic insecticide.

I might as well just chop and give the aphids less chance to suck sap.

Cool 1 brothers, thanks for the tips.