Thread: Enclosed/sealed Groom + CO2 Injection + DWC = Bad mix but trying.

1. Default Enclosed/sealed Groom + CO2 Injection + DWC = Bad mix but trying.

I'm really just letting out my thoughts so see what people think.

I am building a new grow room, it will be sealed and have CO2 Injection, and cooled by an air conditioner, all good, never tried CO2 injection before but I hear great things, it will vent during dark hours.

Issue is I am a DWC grower so I pump alot of oxygen rich air into my water tank, this would obviously go against sealing off the grow room for CO2, and the CO2 may find its way into my tank and wreak havoc with my pH right?

So I am thinking of sealing off the lower part of the grow room too, which contains the DWC tank, I hope also this will prevent alot/most of the heat from getting to the tank (with a tiny-tiny hole in stretchy rubber for the plants trunks to grow through).

And the lower section will have an extraction fan sucking the air which has escaped (and blown into) the DWC tank.

Negative pressure, with the only holes to the upper half of the grow room sealed by thick trunks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GrowRoomMK2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	322402

What do you guys think? Anyone seen this done before so I can take a look?

Thanks

Depending on how you administer the Co2 the levels will likely be topped off every 4mins or so so I do not see Oxygen from the air pump being an issues.

As for Co2 entering your Water Supply you won't be able to drive the pH below about 6 with CO2 even bubbling it through an air stone (try it) after all co2 is used in fish tanks too for plant life without killing the fish

I believe this setup would be unessesary although it seems possible

good luck