Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Making tincture question

Thanks

Default Making tincture question

I am wondering if I need to dry and cure the buds before I make a water/glycerin based tinc or if I can do it immediately after chop?

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by defyingtheodds11 View Post
    I am wondering if I need to dry and cure the buds before I make a water/glycerin based tinc or if I can do it immediately after chop?

Your bud must be dried and I would cure for at least two weeks. 4 would be better if you have time though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chewey View Post
    Your bud must be dried and I would cure for at least two weeks. 4 would be better if you have time though.
    Thanks! I have plenty to experiment with and lots of time. I'm gonna try small amounts in a few different stages, and see what works best.

Do you know if boiling the solution then adding the cannabis and then continue heating for a while, will properly declare? Or do I really need to put it in the oven dry?

Thanks

Sorry, I meant decarb, not declare

Chew Guest

Where are you getting your instructions from mate?

Thanks

I haven't really gotten any instructions. Watched some you tube videos, and read through a few forum posts...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to defyingtheodds11 For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

Are you using alcohol?

Thanks

No, can't do alcohol. Every tinc I've tried with alcohol gave me bad headaches. And the glycerin based rinds I've tried were really weak. There's a product popular at our local dispensaries that is water based with a small amount of glycerin for sweetner. I want to make something like this.

Chew Guest

I'm not sure exactly how your doing it? I know when you use alcohol you must decarb in the oven.

Are you putting this on a low heat for around 12 hrs?

Thanks

I was gonna boil the water/glycerine, then our it into a jar, with the ground up cannabis. Then seal the jar, and put it in a electric skillet on a higher temperature with water in it, and steep it for 12-24 hours or so. Then probably let it breathe and repeat... and so on. I used to make nicotine e cig juice this way, as the steeping process. Would that decarb it?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to defyingtheodds11 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast