Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Making tincture question

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by defyingtheodds11 View Post
    I was gonna boil the water/glycerine, then our it into a jar, with the ground up cannabis. Then seal the jar, and put it in a electric skillet on a higher temperature with water in it, and steep it for 12-24 hours or so. Then probably let it breathe and repeat... and so on. I used to make nicotine e cig juice this way, as the steeping process. Would that decarb it?
    I don't know a great deal about this method to be honest. I would think boiling the contents will decarb it though, but a high temp for 12-24 hrs maybe too long? I've read that when decarbing in the oven, if you go over the 25-35 mins the THC will degrade into CBN so i assume the same would apply with what you're doing. I would make a test run with a small amount and see how it works out mate.

Thanks

That's exactly what I plan to do. I got about 8 oz I can sacrifice to figure this out

3. The Following User Says Thank You to defyingtheodds11 For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

Sweet. Let us know how you get on in case this pops up again
    Good luck mate.

Thanks

Yea, I don't know anything about the cbn thing. If I was to make a large batch of rso, I'd have to heat for several hours to evaporate alcohol so it seems similar. But if what your saying, reduced the psychoactive thc, that's actually a good thing for my purposes. I'm more of a cbd guy, currently waiting for my cbd critical cure to grow up

6. The Following User Says Thank You to defyingtheodds11 For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

Yea, I don't know anything about the cbn thing. If I was to make a large batch of rso, I'd have to heat for several hours to evaporate alcohol so it seems similar. But if what your saying, reduced the psychoactive thc, that's actually a good thing for my purposes. I'm more of a cbd guy, currently waiting for my cbd critical cure to grow up
    It would be a large batch though. When i make oil with say 3 oz, it only takes around 30mins to boil off the solvent. All we can do is try these things and see how they work out mate

Nice strain choice

Thanks

Yup. I'll see what I can do. Any good results will definitely be shared!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chewey View Post
    It would be a large batch though. When i make oil with say 3 oz, it only takes around 30mins to boil off the solvent. All we can do is try these things and see how they work out mate

Nice strain choice
    How much rso do you get with 3 oz of cannabis? How much alcohol do you use for that batch?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to defyingtheodds11 For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

How much rso do you get with 3 oz of cannabis? How much alcohol do you use for that batch?
    3-4 ml/grams. I dont measure the solvent mate. Just poor over enough to rinse, then repeat

Thanks

What is the best alcohol to use? Everclear is not available in my state, and I'd prefer to go to the local liquor store.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to defyingtheodds11 For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

I use Isopropyl 99.9% food grade. Cheap as chips over here in the UK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast