Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: legalisation of cannabis uk house of commons 23/03/2016 first bill passed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Whilst you both have valid points, skippy's point about pricing, whether it be a licence to grow or buying it, is a huge issue for many. Many people grow their own due to the current street price, if the government legalises & taxes it to the point that it becomes an expensive commodity again then you need to contemplate about the victory being shallow...
    legalisation in the US has dropped the price of cannabis there

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Spartacus Smokes For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Update on the bill, looks like as the 2015/16 session of parliament is over, the bill will make no further progress... not sure of the exact workings of parliament but just because a session has ended I don't see why bills are just dropped like me dropping work at 4:55pm on a Friday..

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,085 Times

Quote Originally Posted by citizen cained View Post
    Update on the bill, looks like as the 2015/16 session of parliament is over, the bill will make no further progress... not sure of the exact workings of parliament but just because a session has ended I don't see why bills are just dropped like me dropping work at 4:55pm on a Friday..

4:55? Fuck that on a flyday lol

For i am mighty💪🌲

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrG For This Useful Post:

British green (18-05-16), citizen cained (18-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Poet's day is friday . Won't see me after 1pm

sent from mission control

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    4:55? Fuck that on a flyday lol

For i am mighty💪🌲
    To be honest my brain goes home about 12pm my body stays until 5

8. The Following User Says Thank You to citizen cained For This Useful Post:

MrG (18-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,224 Times

That sounds like a ridiculous excuse.... Surely it would take longer than a year for it to go through all the stages any way so basically they are saying it could never get passed.....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ReeferDankness For This Useful Post:

citizen cained (21-05-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferDankness View Post
    That sounds like a ridiculous excuse.... Surely it would take longer than a year for it to go through all the stages any way so basically they are saying it could never get passed.....
    Had a look and a lot of laws have fallen victim to this, I'm not too sure on the rules of parliament but I imagine once a bill gets passed a certain point (poss second reading) then it continues regardless, otherwise no laws would ever get passed hah

Thanks

Just done some reading, essentially it looks like private members bills are seen as low priority and rarely progress any further, they are normally used to gain support or awareness of a course. See below from wiki:

Bills introduced under the Ten Minute Rule rarely progress much further, since the Government usually opposes Private Member's Bills in the later stages and, given their low priority in the schedule, there is often insufficient time for the debate to be completed. Most Ten Minute Rule introductions are instead used to stimulate publicity for a cause, especially as the debate follows the media-popular question time and is usually broadcast live on BBC Parliament, or to gauge the opinion of the house on an issue which may later be introduced in another bill.

So essentially, it never stood a chance.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to citizen cained For This Useful Post:

Ironman (28-06-16)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4