Thread: How many Cfl lights?

Thanks

Default How many Cfl lights?

Hi there guys,

I am thinking of starting a smaller setup next to my grow cupboard.
    Main reason is because i tried staggering my grows to have something come off every 4-6 weeks, but my second plant has been stretching and i fear the new plant that recently went into the main cupboard will end up doing the same, so i thought i could use one cupboard for the first 3-5 weeks until there a decent height, and then they can go into the main cupboard with the older plants. Does that make sense?

Thinking of using smaller cfl light bulbs in the smaller cupboard, was just curious what kind of cfl's and
    what wattage should i be looking at? Trying not to break the bank as wasnt too long ago i paid out for my main setup lol
    I've found plenty of cfl's on amazon/ebay ect, but thought i'd get some advice before i took the dive as i wasnt sure if there at types of bulbs to stay away from or not?

New cupboards size is about 23" wide, 19" deep and about 45" tall.
    Have a shelf which i was going to hang the pendant lights on and move shelf up as needed to keep bulbs 6-8" away from plants

Thanks all!

Thanks

As many and as high wattage as possible, I've grown with cfls and had 4 32 watts nd the outcome was still pretty poor :/ got about 12 grams :/ and 6-8 inches is why they stretched so much. You need them literally a cm away