Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Bong lords 1st diary mentored by beth

Thanks

So today I actually Did the res change that was due 3 days ago haha. I've had a very busy week to say the least!

Topped the big girl 3 days ago and she's recovering nicely. Topped the middle girl today when changing res so fingers crossed all is well with her.

Still very worried about the CK checked the roots today and they are mostly white however there are a few small ones that are quite brown. You can see from pics differance in size from the 2 strains.

The big girl

The middle girl

The runt (cookie kush)

Temps and humidity sitting pretty. Do I wanna be removing any of that heavy leafage from my bigger girls?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (25-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Mmm

Dont know what to suggest about the little un.
    If shes getting brown roots we dont want them spreading and affecting the rest.
    She could be a runt so she'll always be overshadowed by the other two I reckon.
    Maybe pull her,or give a little more time,up to you dear.
    We could run into problems later with the different strains due to them requiring different feed strength,not necessarily though.

Big girl looks well.
    Id leave all leaves till we are into flower but again its up to you dear.

And I thought ya wa gonna wait a while to top? Lol,

Thanks

I've pulled her she had a few brown roots so would rather focus on the big girls, and then there was 2.

I know you reccomended waiting but I've put a sort of mock screen up. Its an elastic net that hooks onto each corner of the tent but the holes are about 5" so I plan on putting the 2" plastic mesh on top of this, securing in place with zip ties. And that's only sitting about 3-4" above my plants at the mo so I've not got as much space as I orginally thought. I've also swapped the tanks around to try and get better coverage. Will be alot clearer when I take a pic tonight

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (25-04-16)

Thanks

Here's the photo I was supposed to take the other night 🙈 I need to stop getting so high lol.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (28-04-16)

Thanks

Looking well dear.

Just carry on doing what you're doing.

Theres some big ass fan leaves there

Thanks

Thanks Beth hopefully it's a sign of things to come would rather they grew up a little more than out for the time being. Ordered my 2 inch plastic mesh today so next week the screen will be up

I'm in week 4 of veg now how many do you think we need to run for? Or is it more a case of flip when the screen is ready?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (29-04-16)

Thanks

Lol

They would have grown taller instead of outwards if you had held off on the topping dear.
    Thats why I suggested waiting a while.

Be a few more weeks till flip yet me thinks,thats why I dont like seeds,takes so bloody long lol.

Tbh maybe you might think about trying lst ( tying her down) rather than fully training in a scrog.
    Its just those big fan leaves might become a problem later on in a scrog,its a lot easier to do and manage than scrogging.
    Less time vegging before flip too.
    Something to mull over dear,your call

Thanks

I might learn to listen one day 😂 it's not just you don't worry I have listening issues with everyone.

I see what you are saying about the scrog might be an issue. I will have to do abit of research on lst as I know even less about that! I might also struggle because I'm not sure what I would tie them too on the bottom. Would it be a really bad idea to get rid of some of the fan leaves?

I kinda had my heart set on a scrog but I wanna do what ever will give me the best yield. Next res change is gonna be teusday because I'm working all bank holiday weekend the amount of time in veg is alot longer than I expected. I was hoping for 4/6 week veg.

I've got a plan to set up a veg tent in the close future so hopefully when theese are finished I'll have some ready to go straight into flower

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (04-05-16)

Thanks

Think they are still a bit youg to be removing anything.

You could install the hps if you want to speed things up.

24 hours hps for a week will shift them along

Hot weather coming this week though so maybe not lol
    Last edited by Bethmeg; 04-05-16 at 02:41 AM.

Thanks

That's a shout. I'll see what the forecast is like my way. I've only got extraction running at about 50% atm so I can up that to max and I have another desk fan to move more air if I need more cooling.

Big girl is starting to touch the net so been tucking her under where ever is needed. The proper screen should be arriving any day now as soon as it's here I'll get it in place.

Think I did a bad topping job on the smaller one because it's only just recovered but at least it's growing again!

And I had a real panic last night opened the tent and there was 4 flying insects in there. I checked every leaf and there was no signs of them. Really hoping they just came in through the intake cus they saw the light. My Mrs is getting me some sticky fly pads so I'll hang them and see if I catch anything before starting to treat for bugs. I also closed the passive intake and opened one of the vents which is screened so no bugs can get through. This should still allow enough air flow.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (04-05-16)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast