Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Nftnewbiexx does Knockout & Amnesia lemon in NFT. Mentored by Type M

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

Nftnewbiexx (06-04-16), Oxy (06-04-16)

Thanks

Hi Gooba will defo do a dry run, gonna get some bottles iced up and ready @ Murdock getting excited now lol just putting the seeds on to germinate will post pics later and let you's all know how they went, yeah i have had a nosey already @Oxy looks amazing and will have a look for the kingspan instead of the correx sheets which are quite shit to be fair so great idea. Gooba they are located in the bedroom a whole room to themselves lol, i know temps gonna be an issue as its comming up to summer, but i am drawing cold air in from the main window and exhausting out onto the landing with the hot air as i am on middle floor and not sure about cutting hole in ceiling how easy it would be to correct at a later date x

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nftnewbiexx For This Useful Post:

Oxy (06-04-16), Type M (06-04-16)

Thanks

Well seeds are on had to go with Amnesia Lemon in 1 tank and Knockout in the other as they the only 2 ov each i got, not figured out how to get pics on as yet as it just keeps saying its failed but im sure i will sort it, going to stand the water in the tanks and make sure all is running well before i have to get plants in, will post update on the temps and humidity in a short while and see what i may have to do to combat heat. Thanks guys for helping been ace having support x

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nftnewbiexx For This Useful Post:

Oxy (06-04-16), Type M (06-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

the big downfall on this system is support for plants as they,ll just fall over once they bud up, have some tying points or scrog net for support , its best getting that ready now as its a pain in the hoop trying to do it once your plants are big, unless your 6,5 lol, a few bits of string from corner to corner of tent should do, heres a pic of what i mean

does the job

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

BudRasta (17-04-16), Nftnewbiexx (06-04-16), Oxy (06-04-16), Type M (07-04-16)

Thanks

Thanks Murrdock will put supports in place before hand, cheers for the heads up x

Thanks

Haha I wish I'd known about providing support on my first grow. Checked on my great white shark one day in mid flower & it was lying on the floor lol. All still attached by the roots. Got knows how its didn't die!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

Nftnewbiexx (08-04-16), Oxy (10-04-16)

Thanks

Well babies have sprouted after 24 hours so put then in small rockwool cubes and they are about 2 inches tall and root just poking through bottom, have started to harden off a little by leaving propagator lid slightly open been few days on 300watt cfl lap, stats look good 5 out of the 6 seeds rooted so not bad going, not sure when to plant into nft tanks so if your all willing to help a lass out and give us a heads up muchly appreciated, big man has said he would do better in soil so ay well give him a run for his money and let hi see whos best lol.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nftnewbiexx For This Useful Post:

Oxy (10-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

stick them into the 4 inch cubes now and wait until theres half a dozen roots coming through then fire them into the system,

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

Nftnewbiexx (10-04-16), Oxy (10-04-16), Type M (10-04-16)

Thanks

Sweet... its game time

I watched a video on youtube from Grodan (the makers of the RW cubes) & they said to pre soak your 4" cubes for 2 minutes. I always like to pre soak mine with their first feed. I would knock up a bucket with a light feed of 0.6 EC & set PH to 5.5. Then soak them for 2 mins & pop your starter cube in the hole.

That way when they start rooting out of the 1" cubes they are getting something to eat straight away. I usually don't have to water the cubes again for a few days after that. I just wait till they start to feel light then just dip the cubes in your feed bucket. You'll probably have to hand water them for the next 7-10 days.

PS

No way will soil beat NFT lol

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

Nftnewbiexx (10-04-16)

Thanks

Aww thanks Gooba and thats what i have said but you know men, they know it all lol, will do as you have said and let you know how they are going, still trying to get pics on not sure what i a doing wrong lol usually pretty good at this technical shit but hey ho will keep trying x

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nftnewbiexx For This Useful Post:

Type M (10-04-16)

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast