Thread: Powdery Mildew And How To Get Rid Of It................................

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,513 Times

Wink Powdery Mildew And How To Get Rid Of It................................

Powdery Mildew spores are killed by misting with low doses of potassium carbonate which is also considered organic so all is good in my groom now.
    Imnice

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imnice For This Useful Post:

Mr.North (07-04-16), PamJohnB2002 (19-07-16), SpongeBongWeedPants (15-04-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imnice View Post
    Powdery Mildew spores are killed by misting with low doses of potassium carbonate which is also considered organic so all is good in my groom now.
    Imnice
    thanks for the tip! and by low doses, what do u recommend more precisely?

Cheers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenYogi For This Useful Post:

imnice (04-12-16)

Thanks

Hi.. Not sure on the mic for the carbonate.. However I've had problems in the past with Powdery Mildew and this always helped:

1. firstly make sure your environment is correct so the humidity not too high and a good airflow!!! Poor airflow is one of the main causes of PM!

2. I use water and milk mix.. 20:1 (20 parts water to 1 part milk) I spray this when the lights first go off, I then re-spray with just water about an hour before they go back on to clean the leaves back off. I repeat this 3/4 days in a row until there is no sign of powdery mildew on the plants.

3. Clean the walls of the tent down and equipment (assuming you use a tent) as the spores can sit in other areas and get caught back up in the air and you're back to square one!

4. If necessary if it's very bad before the spraying I would trim a good few of the badly effected leaves and remove from enviro the immediately! Don't shred the plant bare though lol!

Hope this helps! ✌️

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Herballife For This Useful Post:

imnice (04-12-16), PamJohnB2002 (19-07-16)