Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Heat issue

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyhank View Post
    I have to admit, I agree, although I'm unable to try it myself, I don't see an issue with having the scrubber on the outside. The surface area shouldn't make any difference - if the centre diameter is a choke point going out, it's also a choke point on the way in..it's still the same amount of holes the air has to pass through. The only issue I can see there might be is that the filter maybe wont last as long because the air flow might not make proper use of all the carbon...possibly - I'm no expert. But either way it should scrub just as well.
    I'm sure your right. I think it was either thor or loki that told me they had tried it for 18 months and it worked fine but they needed a new 1 after that as the smell had started to sneak through. They also said it was the cleanest pre filter they had ever seen on a used filter because you couldn't fit it tight to the carbon grill. Where as with the pre filter on the outside it's pulled tight over the grill.

As I say Heavy, I wouldn't post anything on here with out a bit of back up, research or info from the top growers. I don't wanna get trolled for making unfounded comments.. lol

When you thinking of germinating yours buddy? Would like to see how you get on in that space with the hps. I'm gonna double my groom size next grow so I'll be looking at hps or possibly led.

Check out my diary 2nd time grow. I'm a week into flowering and this grow is much more organised than the first and I'm getting excited about the results so far.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,254 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyhank View Post
    I have to admit, I agree, although I'm unable to try it myself, I don't see an issue with having the scrubber on the outside. The surface area shouldn't make any difference - if the centre diameter is a choke point going out, it's also a choke point on the way in..it's still the same amount of holes the air has to pass through. The only issue I can see there might be is that the filter maybe wont last as long because the air flow might not make proper use of all the carbon...possibly - I'm no expert. But either way it should scrub just as well.
    That is true. Another thing though. If your blowing through your carbon filter it also stresses your fan more. Takes more energy to blow through the filter then to suck through it. Also, all the dirt and dust that gets stuck in your pre filter is going through your fan and shortening the life span of your fan and such. I'm assuming that you are right that it will filter the air no matter which way you do it as long as you have an appropriate fan for whichever way you want it set up. I was simply just stating what is normally recommended which is sucking through the filter. You would think that there is a reason that the majority of people suck air through a carbon filter and that is what is recommended ya know. You guys do make great points though. That is just how I do it ya know.

Regards, Ghost

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPGE View Post
    That is true. Another thing though. If your blowing through your carbon filter it also stresses your fan more. Takes more energy to blow through the filter then to suck through it. Also, all the dirt and dust that gets stuck in your pre filter is going through your fan and shortening the life span of your fan and such. I'm assuming that you are right that it will filter the air no matter which way you do it as long as you have an appropriate fan for whichever way you want it set up. I was simply just stating what is normally recommended which is sucking through the filter. You would think that there is a reason that the majority of people suck air through a carbon filter and that is what is recommended ya know. You guys do make great points though. That is just how I do it ya know.

Regards, Ghost
    Every 1 does it different and has different environments to contend with too. As soon as I have a bigger groom it will be back to normal, but for now everything is great for me and my groom. Temps are perfect because of the changes recommended by other thc talkers.

That's what it's about advice and opinions. That's why I love this site.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

GhostPGE (12-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,254 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ironman83 View Post
    Every 1 does it different and has different environments to contend with too. As soon as I have a bigger groom it will be back to normal, but for now everything is great for me and my groom. Temps are perfect because of the changes recommended by other thc talkers.

That's what it's about advice and opinions. That's why I love this site.

That is very true ironman. Just do what works best for you. Good luck with the grow bud.

Regards, Ghost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GhostPGE For This Useful Post:

Ironman (12-04-16)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4