Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Heat issue

Thanks

Default Heat issue

Hi, I need a little advice for a problem I'm having with my temps.
    My grow space is about 6 feet by 3 feet by 2 feet which I've been using to grow two plants at a time
    For circulation/temp control I have a 5 inch carbon filter attached to a 5 inch fan and a 5 inch cool tube, also hooked up to a 5 inch fan.
    Im running 250 watt HPS

The problem is, my cool tube doesn't seem to have made much of a difference at all. And my temps still run at about 31 - 33 degrees C.

I think the problem is due to the cool tube exhaust heating up the room. So the air being sucked in by the intake is about 24 degrees, Where's normal room temp with everything off is about 21 degrees...

So my question is... What else can I do to shave a few degrees?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heavyhank For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have had the same issues myself im soon adding a small 6 inch oscillating fan in the hopes to bring it down.

Have you got a fan blowing inbetween your light and the plants to disperse some of the lights heat?
    Check out my current grow
    "Winter"

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070384613

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrPaulLittle For This Useful Post:

Heavyhank (09-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,886 Times

A lot of the problem is probably to do with bends in the ducting for the cool tube... any pics of it?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (11-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

M_C makes good point there bro. some pics would help. i am in a 90 x 90 tent so pretty similar size. i had heat issues before i switched to the cool tube, hard to see why a 250w in a cool tube giving you heat issues. what about your intake? are you drawing nice cool air that helped me alot

i have just put in a 600w dual spec in my 5inch cool tube for flower it is noticeably hotter then the 400mh i was using ( when i had the 400w in cool tube i was struggling to keep temps up lol)
    Last edited by joker_the_smoker; 08-04-16 at 02:24 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GhostPGE (12-04-16)

Thanks

That's an interesting point about both the bends in any ducting (which I'll come to) and the cool air intake.

The problem with my intake is, my growing space is in a cupboard in the bedroom..the bedroom is about 4 metres by three metres and the main door is only a couple of feet away from the cupboard. However, I've noticed an ambient room temp rise when the set up is running. I'm wondering if the hot exhaust from the HPS is warming up the available intake air? It only raises room temp by 3 degrees though.

As for the bends..I have one nearly 90 degree turn in the ducting from both sides of the light...however the ducting on each side is only about a foot long..so two feet of ducting attached to the light in total! I'm also using a 190 m3/m fan on the light, and another fan on the carbon filter. I'm wondering if I'd do better with a couple of 240 m3m fans..which I can get in five inch format.

My phone is charging at the moment, but I'll try and get a pic up today.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Heavyhank For This Useful Post:

JB (12-04-16)

Thanks

That's also a good point...I did have a fan between my light and the plants, but I wasn't sure if it was shaving anything off the overall temp, or if any perceivable drop was due to the wind-chill factor on the thermometer sensors.

What kind of temps are you running at with a cool tube? What fans are you running, do you have a separate filter duct?

I'd be very interested to know how you're set up and maybe we can compare notes?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaulLittle View Post
    I have had the same issues myself im soon adding a small 6 inch oscillating fan in the hopes to bring it down.

Have you got a fan blowing inbetween your light and the plants to disperse some of the lights heat?
    That's also a good point...I did have a fan between my light and the plants, but I wasn't sure if it was shaving anything off the overall temp, or if any perceivable drop was due to the wind-chill factor on the thermometer sensors.

What kind of temps are you running at with a cool tube? What fans are you running, do you have a separate filter duct?

I'd be very interested to know how you're set up and maybe we can compare notes?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,411 Times

Remember heat rises mate , try having an extra fan just above head height of plants blowing about .worked a treat for me

Sent from the jungle

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

Try line a fan just blowing under and across the bottom of light above tops of plants it should keep the reflectors cool n heat moving

Sent from my bumhole using Crapatalk

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

Heavyhank (09-04-16)

Thanks

Try a humidifier (if your humidity level can take it) that cools my groom by about 5.c, failing that, try to have the intake come from a different room or even better, from outside

17. The Following User Says Thank You to citizen cained For This Useful Post:

Heavyhank (09-04-16)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast