Thread: What I know about hydro

Dr-Chronic Guest

Default What I know about hydro

Hi there guys I did one for soil the other day and thought I would pop one up of limited knowledge for hydro,

Hydroponics is a totally different kettle of fish, soooooo much more to go wrong than soil, root rot breakouts are at an increased risk, so you need to make sure the temperature of your water is always bang on at between 19 and 21c weather that be by chiller or frozen bottles of water, I covered the environment in the one I did based on soil which is environment 24-28c humidity in veg 50-70, 60-70 preferred, using drippers a lot of people who just start out will think one dripper will be suffice In a pot but ideally isn't.... You want to take the dripper off your bit of pipe and saturate the whole pot this allows the roots to search out for water as if you was to leave the dripper in one side of pot the roots will grow out to the one side where the dripper is, also you never ever want your roots to dry out completely I can't stress this enough you will kill your plants, your ph of your solution wants to be between 5.8-6.2, and once reachs 6.2 you need to drop back down again to the 5.8 you always want a varying range between them numbers, feeding I've spoke to a few people lately and the best thing to do is add your enzymes and beneficiaries first and then your a+b last to make up to desired feeding ec that you desire, how to tell your girls are feeding, the ec will drop in 24 hour period so make sure you check your ph and ec levels every day and adjust accordingly with ph up or down and your bottles of feed, say you start on 0.5ec and the point drops to 0.4ec you want to top it back Up to 0.5 but if it drops 0.2ec and ends up becoming 0.3ec you want to add a+b to make upto 0.6 as this means the plants are taking there food and becoming hungry known as the sweet spot and it's where you ideally want to be but if you set it to 0.5 and it goes to 0.6 you need to water it down by a point or two as this means there's to much food present and this will increase toxic levels and over feed them so we're watering the solution down so the plants are able to uptake it, you want a fair bit of Disoolved oxygen in your tanks via air pump and stones plants love and need oxygen and this will help them to thrive plus preventing root rot as the roots are always oxygenated and last but not least if you want to change your solution of our tanks every 7-10 days to replenish with fresh nutes and to stop any fungis or nasties forming in your water and keep the grow room clean at all times last thing you want coming to end of a grow it the unexpected thanks for reading guys again if anyone would like to add anything or if I've got anything wrong at all feel free to correct me and help others by doing so, or even just add your 2 pence if you would like to add an addition were all here to learn just thought some of this information may be helpful on the food front less is more a lot of growers won't go past 1.6 ec at any given point but you can also tell by plants colour, healthy green beautiful pale green hungry
    Last edited by Dr-Chronic; 10-04-16 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Added bits

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

chibbs (10-04-16), muddywaters (12-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,411 Times

Nice one chron, always good to see someone wanting to share tips and tricks

Maybe after a few more grows you can mentor a nub coming through.

Sent from the jungle

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chibbs For This Useful Post:

Dr-Chronic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Weed View Post
    Nice one chron, always good to see someone wanting to share tips and tricks

Maybe after a few more grows you can mentor a nub coming through.

Sent from the jungle

hopefully mate, ive learnt alot by being here, its all info thats already dotted around, but thought id make a jot up of what ive found out and just the fact if i happen to have any misleading info for anyone to correct me so i know and everyone else knows, theyll probably be more ill end up adding but that stuff would of helped me i reckon

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,371 Times

after a few days of feed i like to flush with water.. every week or 2 i do it from the top of the bucket then drain and then top up the res with 5.5 ph and it will rise naturaly in less than 12/24 hours..

er otherwise you got it pretty dialed in there dude...
    on a flood and drain i would say every 3 hours..
    make sure roots are not growing up tubing.
    check timers are on when leaving room after a res change ..stoners..haha
    people have there own little things 'things' that they do with-out thinking after a mistake the first time or a little thing to improve the growth and it becomes second nature..
    The above is just opinion..My opinion is law in my world..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy roken For This Useful Post: