Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Learning from Jingo 4 plants in 5 gallon pots

Thanks

Default Learning from Jingo 4 plants in 5 gallon pots

Thanks jingo for the willingness to take up your time and self to teach me the basics on how to do a soil grow in 5 gallon pots. Glad for anyone else to come by when you feel like it.

I have 5 mother plants that's been vegging not under the best lights ect ect....but they are growing.....and I'm going to use 4 of the mother plants for this 5 gal pot grow mentored by jingo. I feel it will improve my growing abilities.

Here are the pictures...of my 5 moms....I'm excluding bubbas gift from this first grow and plan on using her, the grow after this one, I'd like her to get big because once she begins to flowers she basically done growing. Grow to size then flower, so to speak

1st pic Cindy99 Female Seeds 2nd Atomic Bomb Bomb Seeds 3rd OG Kush Blimburn's Seeds 4th Bubba's Gift HSO 5th Liberty Haze Barneys Farm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1715.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	324178   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1717.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	324179   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1718.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	324180   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1719.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	324181   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1720.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	324182  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Band Of Horses For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (13-05-16), Jingo (03-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,620 Times

Hey Band Of Horses

I'm going to look at my 3 and 5 gallon pots in a few hours when I work in my garden. That way I'll have a better idea on how much pruning we need to do.

These are the same tall felt pots as your other?

We're going to have some fun!
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Band Of Horses (15-04-16)

Thanks

yes they're the same felt pots.....the new ones coming the 5 gal are 10 inches tall.

Thanks

Okay

I'm had a look at my pots and my 3 gallon pots are 12 inches tall and my 5-gallon pots or 10 inches tall. So I believe we have the same pots and we're on the same page.

When we start the process is going to be removing about one-third of the roots from the plants in about one-third of the growth on top.

And what's going to happen is we'll have two or three days of shock and two or three days nute burn as the roots hard off.

Then we'll veg for about 3 weeks do a little training and head into flower. So depending upon how much room you have to flower that will dictate when we start this process.

So we need to determine is how much time you're there plants have left in flower if they have less than 4 weeks we could report those mothers right now and start planning. You may also have enough room in your tent to repot right now and then move into flour with your other plans still in there.

Another thing to think about since we're going to be taking quite a bit of growth off those mother plants you could take a clone from each one before we do the transplant. Then those plants could stay as mothers or they could be ready to flower in about 8 weeks.

So if you think about it you could get a Perpetual thing going with those strains if you wanted although I know you've really got to a bunch of seeds you want to go out but those are options.

So I guess the idea is to figure out on the calendar when you want to start your mothers and then we'll go from there.

I don't want you to do any repotting for trimming until I get a little bit closer look at those plants and I'll tell you what I want to look for when you take your pictures.

Now I dictate everything to Google and let it type out on my cell phone cuz I have real bad carpal tunnel. Then I go back through and correct all the s*** that Google screws up. But I don't catch it all so if you don't understand something I'm saying that's the problem and you can just asked me to clarify.

I'm also going to p.m. you an email address just in case I have problems with Tapatalk and don't make it on for a while you can get in touch with me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Oh yeah and my inbox on this site fills up a lot so having that email may be the only way to get in touch with me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

awesome...we have the same pots....I have a few more felt pots not being used 3 gal and some plastic 2 gal. and two gallon hard pots. still need to get 2 liter pots.

I believe the gorilla wrecks are a 70 day plant. That should be done in about 31 days....I'll have my stuff Sunday night and I can start potting the mothers. I'd like to take a clone of bubbas gift and the pineapple cindy....its the curse isn't it. I want them all...and
    I want to grow from seed...

So I believe we can get to work after Sunday and moms can be potted...I'll try to decide what clones to take....lib h cindy99 og kush and bubbas gift I have no more seeds ...we can take the clones and if I never use them it be ok....I lean towards c99 pineapple and bubbas gift the most of these. I don't really know what any of them are like...all new to me...

I wont do any thing to the plants yet..no trimming ect...yeah we should be able to start in a few days....Sunday or Monday for sure....

Thanks

Sounds good, try and have the plants about half watered. In other words if you water every 3 days we want to do the work about a day and half after there last watering. That should be easier to peel the plots of the root ball.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Band Of Horses (17-04-16)

Thanks

jingo I just watered last night, Thursday..i wont be able to do anything on Saturday..going out of town....I'm thinking sunday night. Maybe I could flush them tonight Friday and Sunday night I can do what's needed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Band Of Horses View Post
    jingo I just watered last night, Thursday..i wont be able to do anything on Saturday..going out of town....I'm thinking sunday night. Maybe I could flush them tonight Friday and Sunday night I can do what's needed?
    That should work okay we will have to look at those plants up close and make some plans about where to do the pruning on top. But I'm mostly available all day Sunday so we could always just post back and forth as we do things.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Band Of Horses (17-04-16)

Thanks

I usually go into my flowering grow room at 2am and turn lights on until 2pm in the afternoon.....central standard time. Are you in the states? I work a second shift so to speak so my lights come on after work...we may not be on same page time wise. Jingo are you in usa or some other country? I have every Saturday off and every other sunday. This Saturday i'm busy traveling out of town to see my mom. I can water the mom Saturday the 16th 1pm....and do work trimming roots and trimming tops of plant anytime after 7pm sunday evening the 17th..If your not available at that time you might have to give me a link that shows me what to do. Other wise we can do it anytime sunday after 7pm up until 2pm monday,

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast