Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Learning from Jingo 4 plants in 5 gallon pots

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,730 Times

I'm on Pacific time and I'm in the US so I don't think we're too much off time wise.

I'll get on the computer and have a look at your gallery at some point and see if I can tell from the pictures they are where we need to be doing the training and stuff. Either way I'll be around during the time you're around on Sunday so we can just plan on starting after 7 and go with the flow from there.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Band Of Horses (17-04-16)

Thanks

ok I should be there I picked up my stuff I have it now. I'll stop off at the store and look for some 2 liter pots

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Band Of Horses View Post
    ok I should be there I picked up my stuff I have it now. I'll stop off at the store and look for some 2 liter pots
    If you don't have any cloning gel, pick some of that up too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Okay I've had a chance to look over your photos real close and I like what I see actually.

All five of the plants that I can see it looks like they have at least 2 inches of space from the top of the pot before you get down to your grow medium. That's good because we're still going to have to do some root pruning when it's time to transplant but they'll be less and so will be less pruning up above.

I started to try and type right over your photos with instructions but that was a little bit too much to do with my carpal tunnel.

So in the following photos the branches marked in white can be removed.

You see the pink circle around a node on for the photos that just means the branches below the pink circle or that note can be removed.

The red marks are locations where the plants can be topped the only one that for sure would have to be top right now is the Cindy although it might be worthwhile to talk them all at the top red mark.

So I'm going to close this post and then in the next post I'm going to discuss a little bit how to do the root pruning.

Oh yeah here's the photos that are marked.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So the first thing you want to do is prep your new pots. You'll want about 2 inches of nice loose soil in the bottom of the pots.

Then you're going to go ahead and unpot one of your plants.

Back in the day women wore tight jeans up high over the hip and it seemed like the only way to get them out of those jeans was too lay them down on the bed and peel them down slow. That's probably the way you're going to have to take those plants out of those 3 gallon Phat sacks. May not have to lay them down on the bed though LOL

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The first plant will be kind of a test plant. You can take a good sharp knife butcher knife or bread knife or something and just cut an inch right off the bottom of the root ball. On subsequent plants you may find you have to take two inches but we'll start with just taking off one inch and see how it goes.

Then with your thumbs kind of on the outside of the root ball put your fingers up underneath the root ball into the center and just start to loosen it out and spread it out a bit. Once it's loosened up and spread out a bit set her down in the pot. What I'd like to see happen is that settling down into the pot she'd be a little bit below the rim of the pot. If you think you can get there just by spreading the roots out a little bit more than go ahead and do that, you may find you just have to cut some Roots off.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When you think you've got her settled down correctly you can fill in soil around the sides and it would be nice if you could top dress with a half inch to 1 inch of soil.

If you can't that's okay because with the soil she's going to settle a little bit with the first few waterings and you can come along and top dress later.

Then you can just water her in and move on to the next Plant.

So to review:

Trim off lower branches marked in white. If you end up taking quite a bit of root ball off then topped her at the first red mark.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

How to water a fat sack. You want to pour in about a third of the water that it needs let that settle in. Then pour in another third let that settle in. And then pouring your last third which should run off a bit about 10% is good in soil. And you don't want your plants to reup take that run off water.

So when you're in full flower that probably means you're going to give them about a half gallon of water wait a minute or two give her another half gallon of water wait a minute or two and give them one quart to one half gallon.

In full flower you will probably water every 3 days but you're going to get have to get used to doing that by feel.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Okay I think we've covered the basics and left plenty of room for questions.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I understand most everthing. about cutting the roots and the topping of the top part of plant, and how to sit plant inside of pot.

adding the soil is a little fuzzy to me. sounds like you want just a couple inches of soil at bottom of pot, and then when the plant is in the pot correctly were going to add only a couple inches of soil as a top dressing but the sides of pot will have higher amounts of soil? And you want to eventually trim top of plant to be below the rim of the pot.
    Can I use Styrofoam cups for the clones? and what are the 2 liter containers going to be used for. I can pick up some 2 liter pots tomorrow. I think I'd like to take a clone for each plant...after the mothers are flowered we can run the next grow of atomic bomb clone, og kush clone, cindy99 clone, and lib haze clone.

The next grow after the clone grow I'd like to have bubbas gift and then 3 other plants started from seed. something like cannalope haze, gorilla wreck 4, mozzarella, and bubbas gift mother or clone.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast