Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Learning from Jingo 4 plants in 5 gallon pots

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,625 Times

Yeah so as far as repotting the plant goes you settle it down in there and find the right level and then you just fill all the way around and if you have room to top dress with an inch or so ahead or we can always do that later.

The 2-liter pot is just and in between pot when you start from seed or clone so it's one of your early veg pots.

I usually go 16 ounce Solo Cup or 1 liter then I go to a 2 gallon or a 3 gallon then into the 5-gallon container. So that if you're starting from clone or seed.

You can start your clones and anything you want I usually use a keg cup but Styrofoam works good.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Band Of Horses (18-04-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Band Of Horses View Post
    And you want to eventually trim top of plant to be below the rim of the pot.
    Not sure what your meaning there.

Thanks

it don't matter, i'll see u in a few hours, and see what we can do. tks jingle

Thanks

Hi jingo how you doing? I'm here and am ready to repot ect...

Thanks

Yeah I'm here too dude.

Thanks

Glad your here tonight jingo, I'm starting with Liberty Haze. I cut the two bottom branches off and angled the cut and put them in water. I pulled the plant out of the bag already and I'm ready to do the root trimming. Theres about 7 " of dirt and roots, the plant has been taken out of the bag and I'm ready to cut an inch or two off the roots. Not sure about this step? do I cut off 1 inch at the bottom of the plant which would leave 6inches or do I remove all the dirt so theres only roots left to cut?

Thanks

Sounds like you won't have to cut anything off the bottom I mean if you have a 7 inch tall root ball I just put a couple inches of soil in your 5-gallon pot and kind of do it I was talking about me earlier post about holding your thumbs on the side and kind of digging out around the bottom and spread in the roots out. I think that would be pretty good actually.

As long as my math is Right 7 inch root ball two inches into the bottom of the new pot leaves here and in Shock Top and if you kind of rough up the bottom a little bit of spread the roots out without really cutting anything off but I think it'll work good.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Band Of Horses (18-04-16)

Thanks

ok after placing 2" of loose soil in bottom, cutting off small bottom branches, spreading out the roots, then I placed the plant in the pot. So that leaves the very bottom of the plant with about 3" below the top rim of the pot. Am I ready to fill the pot with more soil?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Band Of Horses View Post
    3" below the top rim of the pot. Am I ready to fill the pot with more soil?
    So yeah if the top of your root ball is 3 inches below the rim of your pots then you can easily start filling it up with soil and up to within about an inch of the top and then water get in.

Venice settles over the next couple days you can add some more soil if you need to.

If you get serious wilting then go ahead and top at the highest red mark but I doubt you will from the sounds of it.

Thanks

I see the instructions now, I fill pot and then top dress, ok here goes....

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast