Thread: Spinal disectomy

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,525 Times

Default Spinal disectomy

Has enyone had a L4-L5 spinal disectomy.
    Procedure where by they shave a a bit of bone that is protruding from slipped disc and is touching nerve?
    I saw the rain-dirty valley
    You saw Brigadoon

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skippy For This Useful Post:

British green (17-04-16), Skunky n funky (15-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

They don't trim the bone, they trim the bulge in the disc. It's a fairly common procedure now and is also out patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

British green (17-04-16), skippy (16-04-16)

Thanks

As it got good success rate,think my back might be gettin better,lol.
    Waited nearly 3 years for diagnosis and date for op.Been a feckin nightmare pain wise,never known pain like it 24/7 for first 18 months unable to sit on chair.Only comfortable position was lying on my stomach on the floor.
    Lost my license not so long ago,and have since had to walk every where,gradually the spasms,pain and symptoms have lessened.
    Where the pain use to be 10/10,i would say its only 3/10 now.
    My concernsare i knock the op back and the symptoms go back to the way they where....confused and shitting myself...couldnt do that pain again...gettting on a bit now...what you think ? live on my own...advice urgently needed.

Thanks

Well here is my thing... I got blown up in the army in Afghanistan in 2012. From that I had a bulged l4 and s1 disc spinal stenosis, a chipped l5 vertebrae. I was evaluated for a micro in 13 when I decided to opt out. At the time I was a 8/10 I began receiving epidermal injections of steroids in the area of the injury and was able to control the pain to a 5 or so. No in 2016 my pain is at a daily 3 and only spikes up to a 8 or so when agitated. I've had a few episodes when lifting that spikes to a 10 for a few days but with enough exercise and therapy I am almost pain free. Well cannabis helps and some flexerAll, and gabopentin when pain spikes. I still get injections every couple months. I am limited to only a hour or so on my feet but have learned to function. The surgery scares me but I'm waiting to get it till it's my last option. Look into injections they do help a lot!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

British green (17-04-16), skippy (17-04-16)

Thanks

Age plays a large factor also.... The younger u r the better your body heals typically. So since I'm under 30 I'm waiting till atleast my 40s to consider my back unrepairable. Exercise is going to be key. Stay as in shape as possible build up your core strength as much as possible concentrate there. I was also a very active person in the army and very educated on exercising and stretching for this type of injury. Was is an acute injury or did it come over time.?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

British green (17-04-16)

Thanks

Well i am 56 years young now,about 34 years ago was in dead lift comp.
    The weight was to heavy and only got one side of bar up,lol,felt little click in lower back....new straight away i had done damage....that night couldnt move my legs...over next couple days movement came back...healed up and life was back to normal...stopped training about 4 years ago..picked towel up in bathroom..crunch..agony...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skippy For This Useful Post:

British green (17-04-16), Skunky n funky (17-04-16)