Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What the Bloody Hell is Munching my leaves

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheDogsNutts View Post
    No i didn't see any but when i shown the pictures of the damage to my local hydroponics shop adviser, he gave me a spider mite spray to use and said this would cure the problem and it did.
    They will sell you anything. No way is that spider damage, and if you had similar, then you didn't either.

I've now got drip trays under my pots to keep crocodiles away. Since having them, I've not seen a crocodile.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (17-04-16), British green (17-04-16), ggotch (17-04-16), redmud (17-04-16)

Thanks

Iv got some Killermite, I cant see nothing on any of my plants so I'm just gonna treat with killermite. Hopefully it will solve my issue

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,224 Times

ahh man hope you get this sorted. Do you have a cat by any chance? seen similar damage before on a friends plant because his cat started munching it lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ReeferDankness For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Good afternoon everyone . I can't tell you what it is but I can definitely say it's no fucking spider mite that . Spider mite suck the goodness out of your leaves and eventually leave tiny thin webs about especially on your bud . Has whatever eaten the leaf eaten it all ( the bit that's missing) or have you found it . I wouldn't spray the plants until you have found the culprit . Like aspie said caterpillars ?

sent from mission control

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (17-04-16), Chillax (17-04-16), ggotch (17-04-16), M_C (17-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

I'd go for caterpillars too looking at the way the leafs have been munched.
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (17-04-16)

Thanks

Guys, I have been through all my plants literally leaf by leaf and checked stems, I can see nothing. The plant that was affected has been destroyed as i have no room for it now Iv got my Wilma set up. It was the runt so no bother. Anyway whatever it is that's been chomping down shall be completely eliminated ( mwah ha ha haaaaa ) so my plan of action is to Hit the rest of my plants tonight with a dose of killermite ( hopefully this should kill if not at least slow whatever it is ) then next week begin a 2 week course of neem oil spray every 3 days, then ill probably do another hit of the killermite at the end for good measure

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CocoGrow128 For This Useful Post:

redmud (17-04-16)

Thanks

Neem oil would probably do it no matter, it is a deterrent for all sort of pest, but it's definitely not mites. Mite damage looks like tiny yellow freckles all over the top of the leaves with tiny black specs on the bottom of the leaves and the fine webbing on the leaves branches and buds.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by redmud; 17-04-16 at 05:33 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Is the damage still happening ?

sent from mission control

The Aspie Toker Guest

I doubt it, but it could even be Vine weevil. If you can, check the roots of the plant. If you find any c-shaped bugs, then you do have them.

Like I said, it is doubtful as the eaten parts are not like the average Vine weevil bite.

Thanks

Dunno British green, saw a few leaves like the one in my pics this morning so think iv got whatever it is early. Also those leaves were at the top of the plant, airborne pest maybe? I cant check my root system bud, coming back to the possibility of an airborne pest, iv got fly strips up in my tent.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CocoGrow128 For This Useful Post:

British green (17-04-16)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast