Thread: Smell question

Dr-Chronic Guest

Exclamation Smell question

Hi there guys posted this in my diary but thought I'd ask in thread as I know would get seen by more folks so I apologise for posting twice there starting to peng up now, I've got a question some how I smelt killa cheese earlier when i opened the back door and got the misses to go an have a smell too, now the fucked up part go in room can't smell shit go into the landing where in extracting to a can't smell shit neither can the sniffer dog (misses) so wtf is that about? Check for leaks there isn't any but am going to duct clip it all tomorrow just have it duct taped at moment but there isn't no air escaping from it it's a tight job, know the one neighbour doesn't smoke but unsure about other side I'm slightly concerned being there's a number of weeks left but I'm positive i can't smell anything in the room or landing so it's strange smelt it every so often but I'm not extracting outside so if anywhere would be stinking inside?

Thanks all

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,783 Times

Sounds like a filter issue.... shifting the smell from A to B is easy but killing the smell is the filters job....

Out of interest, how high has the humidity been through the grow?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Dr-Chronic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Sounds like a filter issue.... shifting the smell from A to B is easy but killing the smell is the filters job....

Out of interest, how high has the humidity been through the grow?

70 at points but most of time 50s in veg but I can't smell anything out of the ducting or in the room it's self so how come it smells outside ?
    Last edited by Dr-Chronic; 21-04-16 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks

Like I say, shifting the smell is the easy bit.....

However! Ignore lack of smell in your room.... you don't need a filter for that (see above!)

You smell nothing out your ducting? - I assume that is the end point at where the air is realesed from the extraction system?

So, at this point we can say that the smell is not coming through your extraction system.....

That narrows down probabilities...

Assuming you have sufficient negative pressure then the only place the stale, smelly air can go is through the filter as the fan is the primary force here that sucks everything from the room... you can not leak smell out as any gaps in the groom will be sucking...

So! What have we just learned?

Rule out the possibles & then look at the improbables....

I'm stoned & rambling.... but do you see where I am going?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

ggotch (22-04-16)

Thanks

If you can't smell it out your filter and it's got neg pressure like he said then I'd say it's someone near you lol. Or you're so paranoid you can smell weed Lool.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

im unsure what smell looks like but guess its a vapour?.

in which case sounds like its being extracted and travelling down the stairs etc like a little cloud and ending up at back door.

ive sussed the odd whiffs and generally its indication theres a leak after the filter somewhere or filter is almost at its end.

yes im baked to fuck but i know what i mean

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    ive sussed the odd whiffs and generally its indication theres a leak after the filter somewhere or filter is almost at its end.
    That's why I was asking about humidity, a bout of high humidity can make even a Rhino Pro an end of life product within a few days

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

ggotch (22-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

yeah agree,gets expensive n all then

what we need is a clever filter,has a battery thingy you can set up so that it beeps when it susses the filter is on way out/struggling.

but then im still baffled by my perishing telly remote so prolly not a great idea for likes of me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Dr-Chronic Guest

Cheers lads im going to rule out the duct clip issue later on I will failing that I'm buying a budget to finish me through

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

M_C (22-04-16)