Thread: Seed popping help (quick if poss)

Thanks

Default Seed popping help (quick if poss)

Thanks for looking.

1. 5 x ganj nam feminised dropped into water last sunday
    2. Monday 3 dropped. 2 dropped after a slight nudge
    3. Monday night into kitchen paper nice and moist, on a plate with a plate on top 23c in my bedroom, checked on em every 6-12 hours...never near dry
    4. Thurs, 2 seeds have split and enough root (I think, 'just' got root 1mm and 2mm but don't want to keep them in any longer in the paper so put them in their new soil home
    5. Last 3 don't look like popping.

I know shit happens and these 3 might never pop, hey ho, any tips to give em a start?

I will leave them another 3 days tops before I chuck em

Cheers if you can help. If you can't cheers anyway, fuck it : )

Thanks

Patience is the key. The process can take anywhere from 3 days to 12 days from germination. Just give it time did the roots look white when you planted them?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to THClusive For This Useful Post:

Mart_Aitch (21-04-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by THClusive View Post
    Patience is the key. The process can take anywhere from 3 days to 12 days from germination. Just give it time did the roots look white when you planted them?
    Blimey that was quick, cheers mate.

I know I am being a bit impatient, one of my biggest failings ha

Yes the roots were nice and white so carefully put them in position and covered very lightly and little drizzled some droplets of water (I should work for M&S) for them without disturbing the seed...sunny window sill before CFL and outdoor

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mart_Aitch For This Useful Post:

liquidgravity (18-05-16)

Thanks

Patience my friend, they should be fine. Mine took 6 days to finally pop through the soil.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to THClusive For This Useful Post:

Mart_Aitch (21-04-16)

Thanks

I forgot to mention never had this problem before, water & paper towel method always worked very well for me.

Just 4 days in the wet kitchen roll, what will be will be. Cheers THCI

Thanks

No, don't do that lol. I did that and my roots turned brown. Plant them as soon as they show a little tap root.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to THClusive For This Useful Post:

Mart_Aitch (21-04-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by THClusive View Post
    No, don't do that lol. I did that and my roots turned brown. Plant them as soon as they show a little tap root.
    It's all good mate, probably didn't explain myself properly...meant in my last message that when the 2 showed I took them out and potted em, didn't want to leave them in the paper towel any longer but I was tempted for the root to come out a bit more I must admit.

I read online about this sandpaper trick to bring seeds on but sod that, patience as you say. You'd think in my mid 40's I'd have learnt to be patient by now eh ; )

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mart_Aitch For This Useful Post:

THClusive (22-04-16)

Thanks

Haha, keep up updated mate Don't worry man, I'm the exact same, I'm constantly checking on the plants to make sure they're ok haha

14. The Following User Says Thank You to THClusive For This Useful Post:

Mart_Aitch (23-04-16)

Thanks

A 3rd 'just' started showing a tiny root yesterday (planted) and today looks like number 4 is gonna go. I told you THCI...patience is the key ! ; )