Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Growing in South East Asia!

Thanks

Smile Growing in South East Asia!

Hey guys, hows the form. Got the 'green' light to go ahead and grow at my premises. im on the roof of a 5 story building.

Info on my climate.

current temp at 11.24 am is 95oF at around 44% humidity.

Light hours at this part of the world is roughly around 12 hours 30 minutes of light per day. I( i live in a place where there are 2 seasons and not 4. Hot and dry)

I have started some landrace strains mainly fom Cambodia However its my impression that they are sativa dominant and the will keep flowering till the cows come home.

NOT a new grower, i have 4 or 5 good indoor and 2 uk outdoors under my belt. However, this is a totally new climate and i am gonna need some help along the way :-D

I did get some beans posted over here, unfortunately customs mashed the shit out of one of the envelopes. But i did manage to salvage a good few.

They are a mix of a good VETERANs strains including some hacks i imagine. When i was at home around xmass, he had Thai Mazar, Purple Wreck (purple maroc x Trainwreck) , Chiesel and a few others which i couldnt possibly try and figure out.

My point...is that i need something that can finish early...ish. Thats why ive got these little beans on the go now,

The others are merely experimental so that i can guage the environment better.

Nutes i have aquired (we dont have such luxury over here)

-soil for planting bonsai
    -coconut husk (cant get perlite)
    _fish feed 6-1-6
    -nutrient feed at 5-1-1
    -Vitamin B1
    -Molasses
    Bat guano (unsure of the NPK ratio)
    Trichoderma ammended compost
    -i have a bag of white pebbles

Currently i have 3 cfls 50w each in a small area, just for starting plants and keeping them in 24 hours light before i stik them out in the 12/12 naturally on my roof top.

Below are some pictures of some 'test pilots'...R.e the local strains!

Can anybody please pitch in and give me some advice or if you have had experience.

Thanks a bunch

VC

I cannot upload my pictures. Anybody can help with that? Sorry for being useless, im not really a tech buff ha !

Thanks

Have you posted 10 times some of the forums require that first.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to redroadster43 For This Useful Post:

SpongeBongWeedPants (26-04-16)

Thanks

yeah lad, the camera i had was leaving the pics at around 4000 kb. But it was far too much. I wonder would a fone be good for taking photos and stuff?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,887 Times

You can use Windows Paint to resize the pics
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

SpongeBongWeedPants (26-04-16)

Mr Legend Guest

Hey VG, and welcome to the forum...

I've spent a fair amount of time in SEA including Vietnam and I've smoked mostly everything you ca source locally, it's not bad for a bush weed but usually it was full of seeds... I've managed to find some outstanding Cambodian homegrown but the rest was not satisfying to say the least...

Your biggest issue with outdoor growing you'll have is the light period which means that your natural all year round 12/12 cycle will force all plants in premature flowering which will finally result in poor yield and quality... I've given this a lot of thought cause I planed to move to Bali and was facing the same problems and the best solution for you is to grow autos, you'll get the best of both worlds, quick finish and they're not sensitive to photoperiod... Since the sun is much stronger near equator than in Europe, that should compensate for the shorter light exposure to some degree...

Soil and coco coir you can source locally should give you a good base and I'd recommend to start making your own compost or buy it from a local farm if that's an option... Farmers market should give you a good starting point, just ask a farmer where you can get compost...

Best of luck dude...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Legend For This Useful Post:

SpongeBongWeedPants (26-04-16), VietcongGuerilla (01-05-16)

Thanks

Hey guys,

I am currently based in SEA as well and brought along with me some good seeds from Holland:

La Blanca Gold which is 80% Indica with up to 21% THC, good resume producer and 20% Sativa and Bona DEA CBD which is 85% Indica and 15% Sativa with a ration 1/1 THC-CBD. My intend is to grow them seeds and eventually do some cross breeding with the local Sativas to see what will come out of that mix.

To avoid the budding cycle in these region I would think to have a light running at night to avoid complete darkness, not talking about special grow light but regular lights, just to interfere with the process. Maybe I am talking crap here lol.

Luckily I have a big garden and security light that run all night long which I will turn off when bidding time will be right for me. It will not be the same as a regular set up but it's worth to try isn't it?

VietconGuerilla drop me a PM if you wish, I have tried but since I join today I am not able to send you anything.

Cheers.

Squale

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Squale For This Useful Post:

VietcongGuerilla (01-05-16)

Mr Legend Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Squale View Post
    Hey guys,

I am currently based in SEA as well and brought along with me some good seeds from Holland:

La Blanca Gold which is 80% Indica with up to 21% THC, good resume producer and 20% Sativa and Bona DEA CBD which is 85% Indica and 15% Sativa with a ration 1/1 THC-CBD. My intend is to grow them seeds and eventually do some cross breeding with the local Sativas to see what will come out of that mix.

To avoid the budding cycle in these region I would think to have a light running at night to avoid complete darkness, not talking about special grow light but regular lights, just to interfere with the process. Maybe I am talking crap here lol.

Luckily I have a big garden and security light that run all night long which I will turn off when bidding time will be right for me. It will not be the same as a regular set up but it's worth to try isn't it?

VietconGuerilla drop me a PM if you wish, I have tried but since I join today I am not able to send you anything.

Cheers.

Squale
    High Squale and welcome aboard...

Your idea of introducing artificial lighting is very good dude and it's been tried and tested by old farmers in your situation, it's called Gas Lantern Routine... Google it and you'll get the idea and if you need more info lemme know...

I didn't recommend it as an option to VG cause he's on top of an apartment building so wouldn't be very stealthy...

You lucky bastards, both of you... Wish I could live and grow in SE Asia, some day soon though...

Thanks

Default Growing in South East Asia!

Yes indeed I've heard about it too... Now most probably the set up that VietconGuerrilla has its an access to the roof top and probably not him only being the only person able to access it. Now that will not only allow him to add even small lighting but now thinking of it might also add a stress factor in his mind, I am saying this because usually Split A/C units are located on the rooftops, satellite dishes are located there as well and will require the access of a maintenance team that most probably smoke too so they will know strait away what is growing quietly...
    But I guess he made the risk assessment on that.

And yes indeed being in a location where growing outdoor isn't a problem really it's a blast! This will be my first outdoor grow so I hope all goes well.
    I will start my growing outdoor thread as soon as I can and I am very excited about this!! 😜

Thanks to you Dexter. Have yourself a good one!

Regards.

Squale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Squale; 28-04-16 at 02:30 PM.
    " I am a dreamer that die by light of day..."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Squale For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Dexter and VG, this is what I was talking about in regards of night lights I got which could just do the trick.
    With the mango trees... Not sure it's bright enough for you to see.

Got them everywhere... Which is cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squale For This Useful Post:

VietcongGuerilla (01-05-16)

Mr Legend Guest

That's outstanding dude, I was just about to reply that a good sized CFL light per plant should do the trick and this ones look even better... Can you get the wattage output from them, should be on the bulb or casing...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast