Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How to make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Chew Guest

Default How to make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Please be aware that making CO/RSO can be very dangerous if you are not careful. The solvent used for extraction in highly flammable. Please take extra care!
    Also, treat this medicine with respect. This is seriously potent and if not dosed correctly, it will put you flat on your back. Ingesting this half the size of a grain of rice will knock you sideways and the high is intense!! You’ve been warned! lol

Before you start, it's good practise for a 4 week cure. Do not decarb your buds straight from the jar. You need to dry them out more. Set your oven to it's lowest temp. Mine is between 80 & 90 C. 15-20 mins at that temp should be enough to dry them. They will feel crumbly when done. Or, leave them out for 24 hrs in low humidity but i find the oven easier

Equipment

1x nonstick, PTFE & PFOA “free” frying pan. These do not have any nasty chemicals leach out when used
    Deep wok
    Muslin bags / cheesecloth
    Roasting bag
    Silicone spatular
    Isopropyl Alcohol 99.9% food grade
    Unbleached coffee filters
    Roasting bag
    Funnel
    Oven thermometer
    Electric hob
    Grinder
    Two curing jars

So, for this test run i’m using 28 grams / 1 Oz. My buds has been curing for around 5-6 weeks now but 4 weeks is golden

1. Break the bud up into small pieces and place inside a roasting bag and tie closed
    2. Heat your oven to 110c -115C using your independent oven thermometer. Do not go by your ovens!
    3. Place the roasting bag in the oven on a baking tray for 60 mins
    4. After 60 mins, remove from the oven and alow to cool
    5. Grind the cannabis
    6. Now place the cannabis (in the roasting bag), bowls, funnel, fork and solvent in the freezer, on it lowest setting for 24hrs!
    7. After 24hrs, remove from freezer, place the cannabis into a bowl and pour over enough solvent to cover the contents. Do this as quickly as possible
    8. Gently mix around in the solvent for around 30 seconds then leave to sit. Total time 3 mins
    9. Pour into your muslin bag and strain the liquid out by squeezing the bag
    10. Empty the buds back into the bowl and repeat a further 2x. So 3 washes in total
    11. Strain the liquid through your unbleached coffee filters. This can take quite some time and half way through, i use a new filter to speed things up a little. If possible, allow to strain in the fridge or freezer. We want to keep this all as cold as possible!
    12. Once strained, place back in the freezer for 24 hrs
    13. Add boiling water to the wok and place the frying pan on top to heat through.
    14. Add your solvent to the pan and after a short time, it will start to fizz

The idea of the wok with boiling water is you turn the heat off before you add the solvent to the frying pan as its highly flammable! Let the heat from the water boil off the solvent. Make you have windows open and having a fan to blow away the fumes is a great idea!

You’ll have to remove the frying pan at some point and re-heat the water in the wok, then continue to boil off the solvent. The solvent will gradually evaporate and you’ll be left with thick resin/oil.

Once the solvent had gone you’ll notice small co2 bubbles in the oil. If you want highest THC content then once all the solvent has gone, your finished.
    If you would like a more sedative oil, then continue to heat until all the small bubbles have gone. This will give you more CBN.

Freezing the flowers and the solvent is called winterisation. This helps clean the fats, wax and lipids from the flowers. It also helps keep down the chlorophyll

Im sure there are other ways to do this but, this is how i do it. Any other oil makers reading this i would appreciate your input as there are aways ways to improve

I hope anyone in need of oil has found this useful and you can see how easy it is to make.

That's it folks
    Last edited by Chew; 30-07-16 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Updated thread

2. The Following 52 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

AND (02-03-18), B.A.BARACUS (25-04-16), Blue (26-04-16), Bud Lightyear (25-04-16), budfarmer (06-12-17), BULLET (13-09-16), Catch_E_Monkey (28-05-16), celery (20-07-17), chop chop (05-03-17), ciderboy (20-05-16), Dazmandaz (29-07-16), FunkyB (27-07-16), G' (03-03-18), GanjaFarmerNL (25-04-16), Ganjaholic (23-02-17), Ginger-bud (10-11-16), greenstar (05-03-18), imnice (10-05-16), Incognitto (06-09-17), Jack_Burton (27-07-16), jake420 (13-02-18), jamesdean (19-09-16), JamesJoyce (24-03-17), Jesse Pinkman (30-04-16), Lisa.scottlive (28-06-16), Mart_Aitch (08-09-16), mercegue (25-04-16), mickeysplif (03-05-16), MJCTHC1 (25-04-16), MR B-loom (15-03-18), M_C (25-04-16), onion ring (25-04-16), Oxy (26-04-16), plokku (29-06-16), Samwise Gamgee (25-04-16), Stoned Oscar (24-11-16), the brit (14-09-16), the green rooms (07-12-17), Tyrionblue (09-03-18), Valentina (02-08-17), Volcano (16-02-17), wee pablo (02-06-16), Zolabud (07-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,415 Times

Fantastic explanation, thanks Chewey, that's gonna be my next project with all the lovely trim i'm away to have in a few weeks time, very well explained Chewey and the pictures make it look even easier - but to any one making this oil safety, safety, safety...........................
    REGARDS MJCTHC1

P.P.P.P.P.P. - Perfect Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"Keep it green and full of light"

http:/Completed 2nd diary 32 oz from 9 plants

Check out my first attempt at a diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-diary-attempt

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MJCTHC1 For This Useful Post:

Edd77 (25-04-16), mickeysplif (04-05-16), Samwise Gamgee (25-04-16)

Thanks

looks simple enough that mate thanks for the info.
    i will certainly be back to this soon as i harvest to try it
    how much ml do u get from 28grams of bud?

OR

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onion ring For This Useful Post:

Edd77 (25-04-16)

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by onion ring View Post
    looks simple enough that mate thanks for the info.
    i will certainly be back to this soon as i harvest to try it
    how much ml do u get from 28grams of bud?

OR
    Good quality bud should give you 4-5 grams of oil

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Edd77 (25-04-16), onion ring (25-04-16)

Thanks

Great thread chewy, I've got a couple family members with the dreaded big c so think I'm going to give this a bash, once again great thread pal

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edd77 For This Useful Post:

Valentina (10-08-17)

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Edd77 View Post
    Great thread chewy, I've got a couple family members with the dreaded big c so think I'm going to give this a bash, once again great thread pal
    You're welcome mate. Give me a shout nearer the time as there are a few delivery methods. Some better than others and also making the bioavailability much better to get the most from the meds

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Edd77 (25-04-16), Zolabud (07-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chewey View Post
    You're welcome mate. Give me a shout nearer the time as there are a few delivery methods. Some better than others and also making the bioavailability much better to get the most from the meds
    Will do pal.......
    So chewy you got 18 shyringes full of oil off 1oz of green? How long would that last and how much doseage would you take per day?.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edd77 For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Edd77 View Post
    Will do pal.......
    So chewy you got 18 shyringes full of oil off 1oz of green? How long would that last and how much doseage would you take per day?.
    No mate. I didn't mean to add that photo. That was from a much larger batch. They are 1ml/gram syringes. I get 4ml/grams from each oz.

I'll ask a Mod to remove it to save confusion
    Last edited by Chew; 25-04-16 at 06:08 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Edd77 (25-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

Great guide Chewey, and I can attest to how strong this stuff is, a very small amount will knock yer socks off

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Clarice_Starling (10-07-17), Edd77 (25-04-16), Memphis69 (05-03-18)

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
    Great guide Chewey, and I can attest to how strong this stuff is, a very small amount will knock yer socks off
    It's something else mate
    Too strong for me, that's why I started tacking. The Bio Bomb delivery must be insane!!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

jim (20-11-16)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast