Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: How to make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Thanks

great mate i think the cancer industry isn't all its cracked up to be personally had family members past away due to it an always in the back of my mind wondered why when they go for treatment do they seem to be worse before they get better sadly my gran didnt get better i was about 11 when she past my mum just told me it was her life style she smoked an drank heavy. sounds like a plan that chewey wit keepin a spare ounce for oil incase of emergency

2. The Following User Says Thank You to onion ring For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter McPherson View Post
    Excellent guide Chew, we have the same teacher...

There's couple of new improvements that I'd recommend on winterization process, it will yield more oil and keep the chlorophyll out...

Most people out there do the QWET or Quick Wash Ethanol method which yields about 3-4 grams of oil per ounce or around 13% to 14% extraction yield. The total cannabinoid content of an ounce is about 5-5.5 grams of oil, anything above that is just chlorophyll and plant waxes...

The "SCET" method or Slow Cold Ethanol will output maximum cannabinoid content while keeping the chlorophyll and plant waxes locked away in a frozen state. Extraction yield will be 17% to 19% while your oil should look more translucent like maple syrup...

This is new type of "winterization process" or filtering while cold!

Set the freezer at the lowest temperature. Stick all your ethanol and product in the freezer for at least 12 hours. Once your ethanol reaches the coldest temperature your freezer can provide you are done, its not going to get colder by waiting any longer but you do want your product to freeze so 12 hours should be fine...

Mix your product with your ethanol in a jar with a lid and give it a good shake, put back in the freezer for 12 hours. After 12 hours shake again and put back in the freezer for another 12 hours, shake one last time and strain to get the big stuff out...

Strain through a coffee filter, for high amounts you want to do it through several filters at the same time to avoid warming up your ethanol. At those extremely low temperatures things will get stuck in the filter which would be liquid at room temperature...

After just evaporate the ethanol as per Chew's instructions...
    Hi Dexter,

I've been over to the other side to seek information. I've been told that doing it this way pulls too much chlorophyll, fats and waxes from the plant material ? This is one of problems we will always have until we have legalisation, proper research and testing by the big boys. I guess, the only real way to know is if you're in a position to be able to test your oil in lab conditions.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by onion ring View Post
    great mate i think the cancer industry isn't all its cracked up to be personally had family members past away due to it an always in the back of my mind wondered why when they go for treatment do they seem to be worse before they get better sadly my gran didnt get better i was about 11 when she past my mum just told me it was her life style she smoked an drank heavy. sounds like a plan that chewey wit keepin a spare ounce for oil incase of emergency
    My mate has been through 6 months of chemo. It stopped around 2-3 month ago and he is still a broken man. Chemo destroys everything and in many cases, causes secondary cancers. After all the reading/research i have done, i would never have chemo myself. Treating cancer is more than just ingesting CO though, life style changes have to made too. Take a look at the "alkaline diet"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (02-08-16), ggotch (30-04-16)

Mr Legend Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chewey View Post
    Hi Dexter,

I've been over to the other side to seek information. I've been told that doing it this way pulls too much chlorophyll, fats and waxes from the plant material ? This is one of problems we will always have until we have legalisation, proper research and testing by the big boys. I guess, the only real way to know is if you're in a position to be able to test your oil in lab conditions.
    I did a 10g test run under those same conditions and managed to squeeze out 1.6ml of the clearest oil of any method I tried so far, there was absolutely no chlorophyll in the oil so I can only assume that fats and waxes remained frozen too and were left behind...

It was a very small amount of solvent to filter and I left the jar and filter in the fridge to drip slowly so it can maintain low temp... The trick is to maintain the lowest possible temperature without freezing back so chlorophyll, fats and waxes remain in solid state and get trapped by filtration...

I would do bigger batches in several jars at once and also leave them in the fridge to drip, even exposure to room temps for over 15min will start to have negative effect on oil quality cause it starts to defrost...

Imo keeping low temperatures throughout the process is the key to success and yield wise 1.6ml from 10 grams is around .5ml more than I got from my last run with quick washing...

I'll do another batch in two-three weeks and document the process...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Legend For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (29-07-16)

Mr Legend Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chewey View Post
    Hi Dexter,

I assume you're referring to Cajun? The man is a fountain of knowledge and a total legend

Thanks for sharing this mate. This is exactly what i was hoping to get from this thread. Others like yourself adding their tips and tricks to produce a better end product.
    Yessir, Cajun is a fountain of knowledge but only when you add all the contributions from others it all sinks in...

Have you tried PsyCro's fresh herb Olive oil method, imo it would be ideal oral complement to Cajun's BioBomb suppository protocol..?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Legend For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

I did a 10g test run under those same conditions and managed to squeeze out 1.6ml of the clearest oil of any method I tried so far, there was absolutely no chlorophyll in the oil so I can only assume that fats and waxes remained frozen too and were left behind...

It was a very small amount of solvent to filter and I left the jar and filter in the fridge to drip slowly so it can maintain low temp... The trick is to maintain the lowest possible temperature without freezing back so chlorophyll, fats and waxes remain in solid state and get trapped by filtration...

I would do bigger batches in several jars at once and also leave them in the fridge to drip, even exposure to room temps for over 15min will start to have negative effect on oil quality cause it starts to defrost...

Imo keeping low temperatures throughout the process is the key to success and yield wise 1.6ml from 10 grams is around .5ml more than I got from my last run with quick washing...

I'll do another batch in two-three weeks and document the process...
    That would be great, thanks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

Yessir, Cajun is a fountain of knowledge but only when you add all the contributions from others it all sinks in...

Have you tried PsyCro's fresh herb Olive oil method, imo it would be ideal oral complement to Cajun's BioBomb suppository protocol..?
    Yeah, i spent many hrs, days going through his threads, having discussions etc. A truly great guy.

I haven't tried this, sounds interesting though..

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Stickied this thread....Very informative walk through, thanks for sharing Chew

Regards BL
    My first sticky Whoop whoop
    Thanks Bud

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (26-04-16), Dutchcourage (02-08-16)

Thanks

Chewey, have you any experience with the Water Purifiers/distillers that will collect the evaporated alcohol off.

I've noticed some have Carbon Filters, which should help to keep smells down. So I've been thinking of getting one for doing oil in. With Nosey neighbours who can be cunts I'd like to keep smells down as much as possible.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ManiacalCrab For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (04-03-18), Samwise Gamgee (27-04-16), Valentina (10-08-17)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast